Anyone into riding, mountain/road bike.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was once, but had a major accident and had major spinal trauma which almost left me a quad.....running a bit gun shy at the moment but can see myself back on the bike soon as my son now has his bike and wants dad to ride with him....

Got a mountain bike, used to compete in my younger years up in the hills, now it would probably kill me, bout time I got back on the bike my fitness is a long way from what it used to be, too much camping on 4x4 trips and beers round the fire.

I have a mountain bike that i sometimes ride to the shops and back. I really should do a bit more.Maybe when the days get a bit cooler.

Got a mountain bike, used to compete in my younger years up in the hills, now it would probably kill me, bout time I got back on the bike my fitness is a long way from what it used to be, too much camping on 4x4 trips and beers round the fire.

I am getting back into it for fitness. I am 25 and it only seems yesterday that I was playing footy at school. Jeez I was fit then. I wanna get back to close to those days.

Lance I hear ya, I love my licence but enjoy the fresh air on the bike.

The main thing that sicken's me is the car driver's who have no respect at all for bike rider's. I look twice all the time as I dont wanna become a statistic.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
mtn bike

i do a bit of mtn biking in the bush. what you can get in a pushbike now is fantastic full suspension and silky smooth hyd disck brakes, handels and pulls up way better than a D40.
been pretty lazy since christmas as i have been building a shed but that shuold be done this weekend and it is starting to get a bit cooler around sundown. more like 40 and fat than 25v and fit though.:victory:

I just bought a new Mongoose hard tail in January to get back out riding again...love it, great bike. Its been about 10 yrs since I have been riding so still getting used to sitting on a bike seat again lol.

I decided that 09 is a new start and im all about getting fitter and healthier and getting outdoors more...hence the new bike and new truck lol! If anyone is in Brisbane and wants to meet up for a ride sometime, im keen.

Cheers,

I bought a mongoose super tyrax mountain bike about 9 month's ago. I bought it to motivate me to quit smoking, well that didn't work.

I quit for 2 weeks then had women troubles so I took it up again, still smoking but fitter then I use to be.

I have done about 60km's on the bike this week.

I am getting there.

Dave.

Good value for money. The hydraulic disk brakes are bloody a good selling point. Sold me.

Pulls up very quick.

Dave.

I RIDE,

I have a trek duel suspension down hill, a gaint mtb, specilized BMX, a stretch dragstr that i made myself and a unicycle.

One could say that i love riding, if i'm not in my 4wd on the tracks, i'm on my bike

I used to race downhill in the UK & europe, got a MX bike for "training" and that was the last I ever did on a MTB, some of the downhills were awesome fun, but with the mx'er you get that fun going up the hills too! Kinda feel guilty for not being that fit anymore but bugger it, I fish from a Kayak for "fitness" now

not push bikes. My life goes, when i learnt to ride a bike, i never walked anywhere. when i got my drivers licence, dont walk or ride any where. I like motorised things.
Im a smoker too, cos where i work at the mo does my head in, and im only 19 lol. never tried to quit before

Im a smoker too, cos where i work at the mo does my head in, and im only 19 lol. never tried to quit before

I smoke to, I try to get out on the bike as often as I have a few spare hours of nothing to do.

Smoking makes you unfit, thats why I like to get on the bike and feel free.

Its different to driving feeling, I love driving but I like the fresh air while on the bike an mobility.

Dave.

Old thread but i recently just got into mountain biking. I have a laugh to myself whenever i head to the local mountain bike park. We go for an hour ride, then rest at the car by having a beer and smoke..haha

Have other bike riders going past who started riding the same day before us and we still finish first.

Heres a pic of my bike anyhow. Just changed the disc breakes as the standard ones were shit and giving me all sorts of trouble. Need to cut the lines down and re bleed them still.

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 62
I use to Audax ride but a few injuries stopped me riding as much over the last few years. If work slows down I'll aim to do some crits and club races and maybe Port to Port next summer if I can get the legs by then..

Latest posts

Back