D40 aftermarket exhaust ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moorie

Reaction score
Thinking about getting an aftermarket system fitted to my TD, and am after some suggestions and feedback from those that have already gone down that road. Would appreciate info on brand, size, pricing, power increases, effects on economy and whether or not you had any issues with droning.

Thanks in advance, Moorie.

Moorie

First question - do you have an auto or manual?

Auto = DPF fitted = more difficult to install full system (but possible :wink:). If you have an auto then I'd personally recommend a 3" system bolted on the back of the DPF.

Manual is more straight forward as there is no DPF. Others may differ but my view is you need a 2.5" dump pipe with high flow cat to keep some back pressure up to the turbo. After the cat, I'd go 3" all the way.

BH

Moorie

First question - do you have an auto or manual?

Auto = DPF fitted = more difficult to install full system (but possible :wink:). If you have an auto then I'd personally recommend a 3" system bolted on the back of the DPF.

Manual is more straight forward as there is no DPF. Others may differ but my view is you need a 2.5" dump pipe with high flow cat to keep some back pressure up to the turbo. After the cat, I'd go 3" all the way.

BH
DO U NEED A CAT? IM ABOUT TO GET A 3INCH ALL THE WAY WITH A DUMP PIPE AND NO MUFFLERS...
ANY ADVICE?:rock:

2 3/4 boudesert is mor than ample but dyno figures show that the exaust makes stuff all differance to power. get a chip first for the same sort of money:rant:

Bob's right, but I'd recommend getting a larger zorst to help get rid of the extra heat produced by the chip injecting more diesel in.

BH

DO U NEED A CAT? IM ABOUT TO GET A 3INCH ALL THE WAY WITH A DUMP PIPE AND NO MUFFLERS...
ANY ADVICE?:rock:

Yeah, buy some ear plugs, there loud and drone heaps.

You need 3 inch straight through resinators.

I put a 3 inch from turbo all the way, no dpf, no mufflers, no cats, I went around the block and went back for some mufflers.

You will love the extra fuel acconomy and power.
Make sure you block the egr aswell if ya doing this, ya may as well go all the way.

My dump pipe is 4 inch out of the turbo reduced to 3 inch.

Back pressure in a boosted engine is bad. the less back pressure the better fuel acconomy and more power.

Coley350, if you go too big can it cause over boosting or over speeding the turbo? and causing damage to it? I want to go a 3" all the way through but worried about killing my turbo might be ok when you first put it in but after time will a bigger exhaust kill the turbo?

I am no expert however the exhaust technicans I have consulted suggest a 2.5" dump pipe with a 3" high flow zorst after that.

old thread i know but: the flange on the turbo is 4 inch, thats why i had to reduce to 3 inch, no issues at all with the exhaust and egr mod, only down side is slight smoke when flogging it. my lpg is wound up flat out and must do something when holding flat for extended periods, it drops power and have to lift foot and go back down again. would love to find a fix for this one.

Hey coley i was readiing this and found it interesting. Im interested to know if the exhaust you have has a cat on it and what it sounds like. Cheers

I have a 2.5 straight through no mufflers from cat back and the only noticeable difference is when its cold i can hear a wastegate noise on gear changes and thats it.

Back