bluetooth

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

incorp01

Reaction score
hey guys,

ive got a new 2010 st-x coming!

just want to know, with the bluetooth, can i stream my iphones music over bluetooth instead of plugging into the aux plug?

Thanks, Kurt.

I would highly doubt it. I don't think the iPhone even supports streaming music via bluetooth let alone the Nissan deck.

You'll find the iPhone bluetooth is very limited. You can't even connect your iPhone to your laptop or other devices via bluetooth. It supports very little devices ... perhaps head sets only.

hey guys,

ive got a new 2010 st-x coming!

just want to know, with the bluetooth, can i stream my iphones music over bluetooth instead of plugging into the aux plug?

Thanks, Kurt.

No the protocols for bluetooth phone and bluetooth streaming are different and the bluetooth kit won't recognise the streaming protocols

Apart from the iPone will not work with the Bluetooth, if you used another phone (e.g. nokia) while it would connect with the bluetooth it will only work through the passenger side front speaker to avoid feedback and regardless you'll still get lots of feedback anyway and the bluetooth volume is capped so that you don't kill the speaker trying to hear! Other than that the Nissan bluetooth works bloody well.

BH

Thanks Guys,

Reason i ask, i have a alpine hu in my current gu patrol, i can press "bt audio" on the screen of it and it will start streaming my iphones music.

i can change songs on the iphone, its great when camping!!

Yeah the iPhone doesn't connect up with my in car Bluetooth,
5 billion apps but no bluetooth,

My iPhone (3GS) works perfectly with the standard bluetooth kit in my car ... other than synching phone books - which is not a big deal.

Other than not being able to send contacts from my phone book to the car phone book it's been 100% (and not being able to send the phone book is an iPhone limitation ... not the kit that comes with the ST).

dont thinks its an iphone limitation, on mycurrent alpine hu i can see my 3gs iphones phone book.

Kurt.

dont thinks its an iphone limitation, on mycurrent alpine hu i can see my 3gs iphones phone book.

Kurt.

How do you send a contact via bluetooth on an iPhone ? The "Share Contact" option on an iPhone only allows sending via MMS or Email. The Nissan system needs an option, "Send Contact via Bluetooth" ... like every other non Apple phone does have.

sorry i have misunderstood you..

what i meant was, i can look through my iphones contact list on my alpine head unit by pressing:

>source
>bt phone
>phonebook
then i can select a contact and press call.

I cant say i have actually sent the contents of my phonebook over bluetooth though.

Mine works differently, but I'm not using the Nissan bluetooth. Since my model didn't come with BT from factory it had to be added and we chose instead to put a Pioneer F900BT head unit in, so that we had GPS, DVD as well as radio, CD and the bluetooth etc.

I don't use an iPhone, either, but my head unit insists that I "send phone contacts as cards" to it so that it can receive and store them. It's not the most elegant solution.

I'll unpair my phone with my car later today, and will get my wife to pair her iPhone with it so we can look at the difference between "normal smartphone" (HTC Touch HD) and the iPhone.

iphone4

Hi guys,
I've bought a new ST 2010 Navara 4x4 Duel cab & can connect my iPhone 4 to the Deck but cannot transfer any contacts. If anyone knows how to do this, please tell.

I have just picked up my Altitude Blue STX with factory bluetooth.
I paired my iphone 4 and use voice dial.Hold down the phone button on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds and instructions to speak come up on the radio display.Say the name in your contact list and it dials,works brilliantly

I can't pair my phone with the radio (2 dials on the front of the radio), the phone just doesn't see the radio. I've got a Samsung SGH-F480T. Anyone have one of these and get it to work with the D40 radio?

I've had exactly the same problem with iPhone4 and radio, phone pairs and works through radio but can't send contacts to radio. Any one with a solution?

Latest posts

Back