My Blue Bus

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosshog

Reaction score
Picked it up on Friday. Hope you like it.

Attachments

• PICT0029.JPG
    PICT0029.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 17,846
Before the Lift

Hi Guys

Photo 1 - Here's a pic of my D40 with snorkel fitted but not the suspension lift and tyres.

Photo 2 - And here it is with the EFS suspension lift and D694s.

Photo 3 - A close up of the lift

Things you can't see are the Brown Davis bash plates, Tunit Chip and matching factory alloy spare (also wearing a D694).

OK so I confess, I have become obsessed with my Nav.

Now let me think... what's the next legal, non-warranty voiding accessory that I can fit to my beloved bus.

[light bulb moment] I might remove the rear step, sand blast it and repaint it in black.

Or perhaps I should ring a shrink in the morning...

Bosshog

Attachments

• Before the Lift  -website.jpg
    Before the Lift -website.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 98
  • After the lift - website.jpg
    After the lift - website.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 106
  • After the lift 2 - website.jpg
    After the lift 2 - website.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 114
I never would have thought of it but I reckon a black rear bar on that would look ace. A nice tuff tube bar would look even better!

Nice setup mate, I like it a lot.

What do you think of the tyres?

Matt

The Bridgestone D694s are excellent. I spent far too much investigating tyres but very pleased with my decision. Best of all they came in an 8 ply light truck format (they are 265/70/16s which means they are legal) which is great for carrying loads and makes em fairly bullet proof when you're playing.

:)

Gus

I reckon the black handles stick out like sore thumbs on the lighter colored d40's.Have a look in the photobucket link in my sig to see how they look on a silver nav.
They were done on mine by the previous owner.

Hey Boss, nice looking truck. I see you made a decision with tyres, good on ya. I'm still trying to decide. I havn't seen anyone with the 694's, I know Matt aleady asked you, but what do you think of them. How do they feel on the road being LT construction harsh or not, any good on wet road and have you had them off road yet.

I reckon a black bar on the back as well.

Thanks mate.

Mick

Hey Boss, nice looking truck. I see you made a decision with tyres, good on ya. I'm still trying to decide. I havn't seen anyone with the 694's, I know Matt aleady asked you, but what do you think of them. How do they feel on the road being LT construction harsh or not, any good on wet road and have you had them off road yet.

I reckon a black bar on the back as well.

Thanks mate.

Mick

Mick

The LT construction proabably does ride a little firmer, but to me they're excellent because:

1. I have the EFS 300kg constant load rear springs in the rear which makes the ride firm anyway!
2. I do regularly carry a couple hundred kgs in the rear so the LTs are perfect for that
3. My previous ute was a BF RTV one tonner so a firm (read harsh) ride is what I am used to.

Other early comments to make are that road noise is a little more than the factory Contis and stress 'little' and its raining in Adelaide today so limited commentary on wet handling but the reviews I read suggested that the 694s are better in the wet than Cooper STs - time will tell.

As they are 265/70s they remain a legal fitment (by one millimetre) and have of course partially fixed the speedo error.

And finally and most important, they just look bloody fantastic :)big_smile:) and go some way to filling the space created by the suspension lift.

Gus

Thanks Gus. I wont be going constant load when I do get around to suspension. I only asked about the ride as when I put Cooper ST's on my old 4runner I noticed the ride was a bit harsher I assume due to the construction.

I'm tossing up between the Yoky Geolander A/T-S a couple of mates have them and reckon there pretty good and the 694's.

They definately look good!

Mick

Back