@Melb@ Cobaw 4th of July

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Celebrate American Independence getting muddy.
Trip will be easy through challenging.
Depart Lancefield 10:30am
BYO ham sangas and thermos
Standard vehicles will cope - its a small area where tougher tracks can be bypassed. Those with a penchant for a challenge will be rewarded.
No big bog holes and all tracks are open.
Post up if your interested.

Would of been there with bells on, but have a prior getaway booked in.
Weekend away in Echuca with the family, maybe next time. Enjoy.

I was thinking about heading up there with a bunch of guys from the Mud Rhino Forum, but they all had 33 or 35" muds and lockers and winches, and that sort of put me out of the running. Ended up not having bash plate fitted after making a start on a new 1 yesterday so no 4x4ing till the new plate is fitted anyway.

I was thinking about heading up there with a bunch of guys from the Mud Rhino Forum, but they all had 33 or 35" muds and lockers and winches, and that sort of put me out of the running. Ended up not having bash plate fitted after making a start on a new 1 yesterday so no 4x4ing till the new plate is fitted anyway.
Don't need that sort of gear unless your a tosser.
Missus and I did all the tracks without breaking a sweat in the Tuk Tuk with standard lift.
Public Enemy
Don't believe the hype!

Did both of those tracks and admittedly they were dry. But...... the vehicles we passed were approaching it in the same manner - lots of loud pedal and poor choice in wheel placement ( they were also a GQ and cruiser lifted and big tyres) Its a technical area where most 4x4 vehicles will get through dependant upon the approach taken.
Not blowing me horn or nothing but review both of those videos ( even though they are shot in reverse ) and you will see that there are easier lines that could be taken. Wanna have a go next weekend?

Did both of those tracks and admittedly they were dry. But...... the vehicles we passed were approaching it in the same manner - lots of loud pedal and poor choice in wheel placement ( they were also a GQ and cruiser lifted and big tyres) Its a technical area where most 4x4 vehicles will get through dependant upon the approach taken.
Not blowing me horn or nothing but review both of those videos ( even though they are shot in reverse ) and you will see that there are easier lines that could be taken. Wanna have a go next weekend?

I will let you know on that 1. I do want to head out for a drive, and if I can get my new bash plate done I will probably be up for it otherwise I may just chuck the old 1 back on. I will have to clear it with the wife, but I will let you know. What day are you thinking??

Spoke before I thought again......happens often.
Haven't cleared with SWMBO either. Tomorrows weather looks crap and the calendar says we are busy on Sunday. Perhaps another weekend in the future.
Make plans....but not next weekend either. Going round in circles on 2 wheels at Broadford then.

OK, well I will keep an eye out, don't want it to be too wet, but a bit rain adds to the excitment. I wouldnt mind heading out in the next few weeks I will post up something if I make any plans.

Spoke before I thought again......happens often.
Haven't cleared with SWMBO either. Tomorrows weather looks crap and the calendar says we are busy on Sunday. Perhaps another weekend in the future.
Make plans....but not next weekend either. Going round in circles on 2 wheels at Broadford then.

Hi Aido - i could be a starter for a trip like this. I'm based in melbournes east.

would you do this as a long 'day trip' or as an overnighter?

David

Latest posts

Back