2010 D40 T/D rubber engine piping question?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmt

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just picked up a 2010 St D40 T/D Man. First thing that caught my eye is the factory rubber piping from inlet to turbo and turbo to intercooler, it is so soft it collapses with just a touch.

I would assume there would be guys making aftermarket pipe kits, but i can't find any. Or is this not a problem...?

I am about to do a 2.5in exhaust( need to check it does not already have one ex factory, heard they have), egr mod, chip. it has 00086klm on it today, so much for warranty.:big_smile:

Any comments on the piping would be appreciated, obviously on the inlet side it may be a problem with cavitation under boost, not so much on the pressure side.

What is the standard boost pressure on the D40?

Are you looking at the Series 4 D40 or the Series 3 D40? The just released D40 has a much improved intake rubber housing, which looks like it would address some of lag/response issues the older D40s have.

My series 3 came with a 2.5" exhaust, albeit quite a restrictive one, a free'er flowing mandrel bent one with better muffler will make it better.

Are you looking at the Series 4 D40 or the Series 3 D40? The just released D40 has a much improved intake rubber housing, which looks like it would address some of lag/response issues the older D40s have.

That interesting. Can you let me know how to establish series 3 or 4 ? I have a Jan 2010 TD will significant lag issues.

just had a look under the bonnet - that pipe is very soft tho I cant imagine how a harder one would help with the lag issue which seems to be pre-turbo. I'm remain convinced it is an ecu/injector timing issue.

hey guys
The new d40 is quite a bit diffrent the rubber hoses have a stainless steel wrap over them now wich is spaced about inch and a half apart.

To help with the turbo they have goten rid of the of the ecu controled vacum switch and it now has a stepper style valve on the side of the turbo
and the words korea stamped on manufacture plate.

The head is diffrent to the point pretty much anything that is on the right hand side of the head on earlyer yd engines is now on the left etc (eg) the glow plugs are now on the drivers side of the head and the egr is now on passangers side of the head .

plus there is litle fuel managment changes if you have a look at the manifolds they are a lot diffrent so over all i think its a much better thing
i havent had a chance to look right over it but give it time
regards dan

I forgot to mention if you ever have the joy of sitting under a d40s bonnet
you should see the amount of flex in thoses hoses you were talking about they would go close to doubleing size i would say that is the reason for the lag so id say if you want to stop it you will need to do something with the hoses to stop the flex
regards dan

Its a 5/2010 Series 3 D40 ST.

I wonder if you can just buy the series 4 hoses, although it would probably cheaper and better long term to get steel pipes made.

Im suprised no one has a kit out for this yet......

Its a 5/2010 Series 3 D40 ST.

I wonder if you can just buy the series 4 hoses, although it would probably cheaper and better long term to get steel pipes made.

Im suprised no one has a kit out for this yet......

Hardpipe upgrade is the best performance mod to my truck to date. I only did the one pipe off the turbo to intercooler (intake side). Bought the pipe of Feebay.

08 king cab
out of interest what effect did have eg turbo lag driveability etc
regads dan

Latest posts

Back