ECU Dummy spit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jardsoooo

Reaction score
Had an interesting experience the other morning: Started the D40 TD manual then turned off to run back inside for a moment. Back in the bus, started, took off and the bloody thing was all over the place. The normally light injector rattle under light load had become a massive rattle ( no, rattle does'nt do it justice - a huge racket ) and almost no power under the good ole 1500 - in fact was hunting all over the shop whilst trying to keep a steady pace - again, under 1500. Like if it were a petrol I would have assumed blocked idle jet ( except idle was fine).

Problem resolved by turning it off and restarting. Has'nt come back and dealer says no fault code.

In my mind this behaviour was an extreme version of normal in that usual deadzone got much deader and the usual light rattle was a massive rattle.

I must say - for all my bitching about thjis vehicle it is certainly keeping me interested and engaged albeit for all the wrong reasons.

Tho - my fuel figures are almost exactly that as on the windscreen. 9.2 and 11.9 - a smidgy under in fact for the urban cycle. Woohoo something positive to say.

Jardoooo
mate there is a earth located besides the ecu on right hand iner guard just look at the ecu then look in between it and the iner guard and you will see it clean this earth it cuases all sorts of problems make sure you get it clean and also its mounting surface and its bolt
the other earths that are also a pain are locate under the air box if you pull the air box out you will see them give them a clean also and watch your d40 change its stripes.

The ecu earth controls all of your fuel mangment your acclerator and a heap of other parts wich a critical
hope this helps dan

Latest posts

Back