EGR Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav Dog78

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking at doing the EGR mod on my ZD30. My question is,

Can I block off the exhaust transfer pipe by using a blank plate between the inlet manifold and the transfer pipe (where they meet), or do I have to do it somewhere further back along the transfer pipe?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Cheers guys

I don't think it really matters. A blocked pipe is a blocked pipe!

There will be a very, very minor difference if you block the end closer to the exhaust: the temperature in the remainder of the pipe will be lower, and if yours is water-cooled (like in the D40), then the radiator has to do less work. It's so mind-blowingly insignificant that it doesn't matter - blank off either end, just pick the easiest one.

I am not condoning the modification of the emission control system, despite my personal belief that reducing overall consumption, CO, CO2 and particulate emissions is a greater overall benefit to reducing NOx emissions.

Thanks Tony,
I dont go much on disabling emissions as it will only make a minor difference. I just dont like the thought of sooty crap making it's way back into the motor. Could cause probs down the track that the mod might prevent.
Cheers mate

Latest posts

Back