louder induction noise when cold

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slyd40

Reaction score
just wodering if other d40s do this when cold driving for a minate or 2 its induction noise is louder and seams to sound like its pinging under boost

I tend to go easy on mine when it's cold too, so I don't know about louder induction noise.

I doubt you'll hear pinging, diesel works a little differently to unleaded fuel. Your injectors will make more noise when it's cold, all that klack-klacking can make quite a din.

i do go easy its as soon as it starts building boost at like 1600rpm its making the noise and yeah it like a clacking noise but when got some temp up it goes away

It's the injectors. They're always loud when cold, nothing to worry about.

Induction noise sounds like a deep inverted puffing sound. Darth Vader on a ventilator? Nooooo, nothing like that. More like a muffled V8.

My injectors have been this way for over 3yrs now , Nissan at the time didnt and still dont want to know about it , I guess there getting a little sick of having to change all those injector pumps and rails when they didnt know what the F*** they were looking for

Add some auto fluid to your fuel and see if the noise subsides a little , other than that dont worry about it

Marty

ive got an R51 and i know the sound your refering to.

the induction sound is louder, as if you had a high flow air filter (thinking back to my forced induction car days..) Once it warms up it goes away

got me buggered too

Yeah mine will make that noise if you go hard when it is cold. As others have said - take it slowly until she's nice and warm.

Latest posts

Back