Child Seat Anchor Points

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaSmeg

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Ive got a 08 d22 dual cab, and cause we are looking at expanding the family i need to install a child seat anchor point, ive looked through the forum posts and could only find posts related to the eastern states and nothing in w.a., i would like ta know if anyone has gone through this with their d22 in w.a

Cheers
Nigel

When we had a D22 as a loaner, we used the D latch that the seat holds on to for the harness, it just clipped to the side. The seatbelt passed through holes in the bottom of the safety seat (which we still mount rearward-facing, despite the grandson being over a year old now).

It does mean that the safety seat is in the middle of the vehicle. That might not be convenient for everyone, but it is an option to start with.

Are there no threaded holes behind the seat?

When I had mine fitted, they drilled through the back of cabin behind passenger seat and put some big washers and nyloc nuts on. Ours was profesionly done due to the precious cargo

Just about any mechanic can fit these to state specs and the last person I know that got it done over here got the job done for $200, no idea if it's a good deal or a bad deal but Vic Roads okay'd it and it does what they need.

There was also an ebay option a while ago that meant the average owner with a few tools could do the job themselves, not needing them I didn't check out their legalities or how easy they are to fit but they might still be an option if they are on ebay.

i just got one put in my 03 d22. it took half a day and cost me $220.00 by professional installers. i thought any price is ok because my little fella is priceless.. do yourself a favour and get it done right money shouldnt be a concern when it comes to your kids safety.

Where did they fit yours? I have been thinking about fitting anchor points to mine for some time but have never got around to it, we just use the other car instead, but I have a trip coming up where the ute would be handy.

I have thought about just buying three of the off the shelf aftermarket ones and fitting them myself, but pics of where pros have fitted them would be handy, hopefully they do not have to do something silly like slide the ute tub back for access but if people are paying around the $200 mark for them fitted then I doubt it.

Hi everyone

I got some info of a mob called kidsafe wa, and it sounds like its pretty much the same as the eastern states ie needs to be installed by a registered/certified installer along with a compliance plate, they also gave me a list of installers in the perth and country areas when im ready to get it done

gday the bluester i got mine done in ballarat at a approved installer im sure there is one where you live.. it involves a metal plate bolted through the cab at the back of the rear seat.. you slide the car seat strap through a the metal plate and slide a locking device down. its hard to explain i can send pics if you want.. as i stated b4 in my opinion there is no price on safety, i wouldnt trust ebay or aftermaket stuff buts thats just me.. cheers

I got a quote back from a mob in perth, bout $260 i think it was for one anchor point, i havent even been bothered going into nissan yet to see if they will put one in

I have all the right tools and the ability to do a proper job, but I am looking for some options on how they have been fitted up in other utes.

DaSmeg, to my understanding it is not the same in Vic as in WA, you certainly do not get any sort of compliance plate fitted for one thing. They reccomend going to a qualified installer, but I have seen some of them and they were not always good jobs.

94edxr, if you could PM me pics of your install that would be great, I am pretty sure that I know the type you mean but want to make sure. I looked at the pics in the other thread a while back but have not been able to get that type of fitting and the attachment on the end would not suit our seats in any case.

The only thing I do not much like about fitting one in the D22 is that the assembly needs to be removable as it is in a lot of sedans, I would not fancy having a passenger in the back in a crash with the kind of metal lumps most of the aftermarket seat anchors are made from behind you and only protected by the seat cushion. Sounds like a spine damager to me!

I have no issue with aftermarket ones, but I would look at brands the like of Klippan who make many of the Australian market OEM belts in the first place.

bluester i will take some pics for you on the weekend if thats ok... i understand having a spinebreaker in a crash but the one i have has a big rubber cover over the metal plates. all the best

if anyone in WA is interested i got 3 points installed in my D40 ST by TL Engineering in Bassenden Perth. 3 points and a mod plate cost me $319 and best of all no holes through the cab!

if anyone in WA is interested i got 3 points installed in my D40 ST by TL Engineering in Bassenden Perth. 3 points and a mod plate cost me $319 and best of all no holes through the cab!

Mate could you pm me with those details?

Cheers,

Ben

Bath seats fitted in nsw in dual cabs.

Hi guys I am a child seat fitter through the rta/rms and in regards to the fitting of extra points or dcd (dual cab device) it should cost between 230-350 depending on part availability and experience of fitter..
I generally takes about three to four hours and in some cases it is quite simple but has a lot of fidelity measurements that go with it to make sure it's not going to affect the stability in a crash. It may look like we just screw in a few bolts and washers but there are actually a lot of prior measurements and research and training.
For those of you who have tried it your self I hope it is right but if you are still considering it please go speak to your local fitter they may be able to give you a bit of insider info to help get the alignment and measurements right... IT IS PRECIOUS CARGO!
Cheers all...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back