lokka?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitz

Reaction score
hi guys.
wondering,do lokka make an application for the d40 or is the air locker my only choice?

hi guys.
wondering,do lokka make an application for the d40 or is the air locker my only choice?

I've been done this path, there is no Lokka available for the rear. My understanding is the diff is based on a dana 44 trak-lok. I dont think they are interchangble with other brands eg. Jeep use a dana 44.
There are better LSD from the states, Something like a Eaton truetrac would be far better, but expensive.
As you noted the only other viable alternative is the ARB air locker. I have one in mine and don't particular like it that much, and to be honest I would never recommend one, or buy another.

thanks for the reply,contacted eaton and they have nothing in there range.seems like no one caters for the d40 except air lockers?.what a pain in the ass..
cheers
bitz.

I've been done this path, there is no Lokka available for the rear. My understanding is the diff is based on a dana 44 trak-lok. I dont think they are interchangble with other brands eg. Jeep use a dana 44.
There are better LSD from the states, Something like a Eaton truetrac would be far better, but expensive.
As you noted the only other viable alternative is the ARB air locker. I have one in mine and don't particular like it that much, and to be honest I would never recommend one, or buy another.

Why is that mate? have you had problems with the ARB Airlocker or just not that impressed in the performance of a locker in general, id be interested to hear because it was something i plan on looking in to in the future.

air lockers are expensive compared to self locking alternatives like lokka.its just a tad annoying nothing is available cost wise compared to air lockers.
cheers

only negative I have heard with airlockers in rear diffs is the fact ya loose the lsd all together for road use.

Would be interested to see why ya not happy with yours. I agree though it is a lot of money to pay

only negative I have heard with airlockers in rear diffs is the fact ya loose the lsd all together for road use.

Yep that was what I was thinking but sometimes I do wish the Nissan LSD was not so effective! :wink:

Yep I researched everywhere I could and ARB air locker was the only option. It is awesome when on but I would get a detroit or similar if they were available so that it provides traction all the time, not just when it's turned on. We don't have that luxury though so it's air locker or factory lsd I'm afraid.

Yep I researched everywhere I could and ARB air locker was the only option. It is awesome when on but I would get a detroit or similar if they were available so that it provides traction all the time, not just when it's turned on. We don't have that luxury though so it's air locker or factory lsd I'm afraid.

heres a link to club frontier for the part number for the tru trac and it def fit our diffs, well if you have the m226 diff it will

Trutrack LSD Part# - Nissan Frontier / Navara Forum

cheers sean

Yep problem with the air locker is it becomes a single spinner, going around a round about just spins up one wheel now. The air locker doesn't like engaging under load, so some times you have to roll back down a steep hill, until it engages and then move forward. otherwise you can do damage if it engages while under full power. I've had lokka's in a few other 4wd, they are brillant in the rear, but not the best up front. If they do bring out a lokka, I'll be selling the ARB in an instant.

Yep problem with the air locker is it becomes a single spinner, going around a round about just spins up one wheel now. The air locker doesn't like engaging under load, so some times you have to roll back down a steep hill, until it engages and then move forward. otherwise you can do damage if it engages while under full power. I've had lokka's in a few other 4wd, they are brillant in the rear, but not the best up front. If they do bring out a lokka, I'll be selling the ARB in an instant.

I'll buy it!

Back