kyles d40 st navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ONLOCK

Reaction score
hey all, my names kyle, i picked up my d40 in January this year. i bought the car because i need a form of transport for my dirtbike and something i can have a bit of a play in aswell. so far the mods are

arb delux sahara bull bar
tigerz11 12,000 pound winch
lightforce xgt driving lights
jaycar hid lighting kit
265/75-16 maxxis bighorn tyres on standard rims

and some pics

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0069-1.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

yea some people freak out when they see or hear what i do in it but thats what i bought it for so thats what im gonna do with it

After you get the first scratch out of the way its all good.
Mine is supposed to be a smart work car, now covered in bush pinstripes & half the bumper missing after a tree stump "incident".
Good to see you enjoying it & treating it like you should

Welcome mate, where are those pics taken at ?

Lostock Dam national park ?

Dave.

Nice truck and really good pics.

Did you fit the 12000 winch yourself? Was it a hassle at all? I have heard they are really long. Certainly would not have any probs pulling with 12000 pound in a dual cab that is for sure.

i got arb to fit it for me when they fitted the bullbar but on inspection there is still a fair bit of room in the bar. on the other note i probly wouldnt get another chinese winch, i had a 8,000 pound warn on my old gq patrol and thought it was better than this one, next time ill save up and get a decent one, pics were taken on lake eildon near goughs bay, vic.

I probably should start a new thread but....

What don't you like about the tigerz? I have heard mostly good reports. Most of the negatives are just that they are a cheap chinese winch not anything in particular.

Sorry I hope you don't mind the questions.

Welcome aboard - love the pics, good to see the thing in action!

I'm also curious about the winch, since the Tigerz is pretty much the same as the Ironman which is the same as the Aldi "AutoXS" that I have in mine. What issues do you have with yours?

Only problem I've had with my tigerz, is the chrome parts have rusted, otherwise it's still going strong after some fairly heavy use early in it's life.

Hi Onlock and all others,
I too bought an ST, took delivery in late May. So far wit 4500 K's on the clock the rear springs have sunk to an unatural level, but the biggest problem is that in Low Ratio 4th gear the engine surges like it is running out of fuel. It has had this problem since delivery.
Are their any others if forum land that have the same problem?
Regards
Maxxum

Hi Onlock and all others,
I too bought an ST, took delivery in late May. So far wit 4500 K's on the clock the rear springs have sunk to an unatural level, but the biggest problem is that in Low Ratio 4th gear the engine surges like it is running out of fuel. It has had this problem since delivery.
Are their any others if forum land that have the same problem?
Regards
Maxxum

Hi and welcome to the forum!

The rear springs on the STX (Spanish built) are only rated for 150Kg of load and with the canopy and fridge and other stuff I carry, I'd be well past that. My tail sits a little lower as well. Yours, being a Thai-built unit, may have similar specs but different construction. It may suffer the same problem as the STX. We're looking at alternatives and still can't decide on the best approach, although it's looking like 300-500kg leaf springs with air bags.

Your car surges in 4th low ratio ... I've never gone fast enough in low ratio for mine to get out of first, but I'm not highly experienced in off-road driving. The surge might be a protective thing, to remind you that you're going too fast in low range? If it's working perfectly everywhere else, that might be it.

Failing any answers to this dilemma, I'll put mine on dirt this weekend and hit 4LO and see what happens when it gets into 4th. Is yours a diesel?

ok well, honestly i havent had any dramas with the tigerz winch except when i first used it the cable pulled out of the lug on the drum leaving me stuck lucky i had a mate around to snatch me out of trouble, other than that its god if u only need it to get you out of trouble every now n then but i tend to do things that are more likely to get me stuck so id prefer a decent winch, iv found that the while the winch does pull me out of bogholes well it just seems to bog down allot and sound like its struggling abit and not very fast. from memory (5 years ago) my 8,000 pound warn was allot better.

as for the issue in 4 low. i dont think iv ever gone into 4th, i know iv had it in 3rd but thats it, only thing that concerns me a little bit is the clunking noise that i get when changing gears but only in 4 low, anyone else heard this?

ok a bit of an update on my tigerz winch.

last time i used it, it decided to start making some terrible grinding and crunching noises only when releasing the cable out when it has load on it. time to pull it out and have a look. might get it fixed under warantee and sell it

ok well, honestly i havent had any dramas with the tigerz winch except when i first used it the cable pulled out of the lug on the drum leaving me stuck lucky i had a mate around to snatch me out of trouble, other than that its god if u only need it to get you out of trouble every now n then but i tend to do things that are more likely to get me stuck so id prefer a decent winch, iv found that the while the winch does pull me out of bogholes well it just seems to bog down allot and sound like its struggling abit and not very fast. from memory (5 years ago) my 8,000 pound warn was allot better.

as for the issue in 4 low. i dont think iv ever gone into 4th, i know iv had it in 3rd but thats it, only thing that concerns me a little bit is the clunking noise that i get when changing gears but only in 4 low, anyone else heard this?

Yes i have also heard this clunking noise whilst changing gears in low ratio but believed it was normal maybe im wrong?

Have had the Nav in low range 4 many times and never felt a surge

well its been a while since i last updated and theres been a couple more mods and more things on the to do list. so i installed a 2" ironman susp lift. pretty happy with it except id like to raise the front a bit more to level it out a bit as i seems like its sitting like a hot rod at the moment. at the same time i installed a safari snorkle. not as scary as i thought, went in quite well and is all sealed and has been checked in a very big bog hole that managed to fill my car with 4" of muddy water. (woops). shortly after i found a arb air locker for sale so i quickly snapped it up and fitted it myself. had a slight air leak that was causing the compressor to kick back in whilst flexing which turned out to be a crappy oring seal where the air line enters the diff but that is all sorted now. lastly i installed a uniden uhf which is great, even for a laugh listening to the truckies and finding out why traffic is bad.

on the to do list another set of rims. probs just go for some 16x7's with either 33"s or 35"s. to go with the bigger tyres id like to do a body lift aswell. iv also had the idea running through my head of making my own canopy that could pack up to a reasonable size to pack away. still unsure how exactly i wanna do it but maybe one day. ill try to get some new pics up soon. maybe even some hd vids

cheers
kyle

Latest posts

Back