Calmini Upper control arm fitting.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
hey guys,

im thinking about going to cruiser park next weekend and if so i need to replace the upper control arms on my navara before i go.
how hard are they to fit?
does anyone have instruction for fitting them?

Haven't fitted them but have been thinking about buying them.

I helped my mate Mothy on here change the bushes on the top arms I think it was and I remember them being a bitch to change.

Dave.

control arms are pretty easy to replace, just be careful to not allow lower arm to drop down so far that the axle pops out.

hardest part is undoing the balljoint. I use to undo my top arms to change cv.s

Whats wrong with your original uppers?

the bushes are completely shagged in them, and im getting wheel alignment issue's with it because of them.
and the standard bushes was gonna cost like 400 from nissan to replace them so stuff that i may as well go to better ones
so i will have to replace them.
yeah the top bolts are easy when i had my cv out i had them off but the ball joint is my question cause last time we could get it undone.

just takes a good bash with the hammer to pop ball joints out... oh don't hit balljoint, hit arm

Anyone had the arms installed for a while now? wondering how they last as far as ball joints and the bushings go. With the way the aussie dollar is heading , i reackon it might be a good christmas present. I'm interested beacuse of wheel alignment issues with wound up standards.

How do the aftermarket control arms differ to the standard? What makes them able to allow more lift from front?

Had my Calmini upper arms for 2 years now. No problems at all. They have grease nipples for the bushes and ball joint. Had a major squeak in the front end at one stage when travelling in the Gammons. Turnd out to be upper ball joint. I pumped it with some grease and no problem since. The arms are reshaped to allow more lift with out the alignment issue and are a lot stronger than the factory ones.

Go with some heavy duty Trosion Bars too if you dont already have. Just make sure you get the slpines in completely. Had an issue with my front end collapsing because of striped slpines when i replace mine.

Last edited:
thanks arnie, good to know they aren't shagging out bushings all the time

Kickars2, Im also looking at the Calmini Upper Control Arm to lift the front up a bit.
Have the Torsion Bars wound up to just of the bumpstops, but still have issue with 265/75/16s Mickey T's ATZ's rubbing (just) on the inside mudguard.

I assume your going to ship direct from the States, since the dollar is good and Snake Racing have such a mark-up on them.
Would be interested to know what it cost's you ...esp the freight side of things....
Maybe we could put a double order in and save a few $$.....
The only one prob mate..... I live in Broome..... fancy a drive.....??

Latest posts

Back