genuine vs non bullbar & snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heata

Reaction score
Hi all,
as my modification starts, I am stuck with my first decision, so any advice would be great.
I have a '10 d22 and am adding a bullbar and snorkel, (which seem to be compulsory mods!) I can go geniune in steel for $1650 vs ARB in steel for $1520, and genuine snorkel $820 vs safari $650 (will safari even fit with second battery?) all of these prices are fitted. at the moment I am thinking of going with the arb bar and the genuine snorkel. I am partly thinking about warranty protection, I can't see a non genuine bull bar being an issue, but I can see Nissan having a field day avoiding warranty clames due to an aftermarket snorkel.
by the way I love the car so far!

Ask the guys fitting the Safari what their warranty entails, they have to supply some form of warranty against both the product and the installation. Sure if your engine sucks in great chunks of crap because and the snorkel is to blame then Nissan may tell you that you can't claim it on warranty but if Nissan can prove it was the snorkel so can you and therefore it falls under the warranty of the snorkel manufacturer and they become liable.

Even if Nissan do install it and the same scenario of crap ends up in the engine Nissan are going to do everything they can to convince you it wasn't their product or workmanship that caused the problem so there is no 100% guarantee no matter which path you take but that doesn't mean you should be scared into taken the factory option.

Back