Genuine Nissan Accessories

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haf

Reaction score
I have noticed in the brochure supplied to me from Nissan there is
a huge range of accessories to purchase with a new vehicle. After
looking through this forum, perusing ARB, TJM and all the other after market
websites there is also an enormous choice there as well.

Has anyone purchased the Nissan canopy, spotlights, bullbar, winch,
snorkel etc etc and had any problems? Do they stackup with the aftermarket gear advertised by ARB, TJM and the rest etc etc?

Of course there is a price difference and also a possibility of convenience
with the dealer, let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Haf...:ciao:

Hi Haf
I can not say that I have not had any problems with the accessories because i have not picked up the ute yet.
I went genuine with only the snorkel and the towbar the rest was with ARB and there were just the normal reasons one was price and the other was the look that I wanted.

I purchased thru the dealer a ARB low canopy with racks and a sahara bar, the canopy was around half the price of a nissan one and the bar was what I wanted with regards to looks (I can blame Matt76's rig quite like the front on it and thats what sold it for me) I am hoping that I will have a problem with them.

The only other item that I would have bought with the car would have been the winch only because of the warrenty that you will get with it, as long as the car is under warrenty any accessories are covered to. The reason that I did not get it was the budget that I was working to.

I think that rest of the accessories just come down to a personal choice and what you are chasing.

I know that I did not answer any of your questions but its my opinon..

If you have a brochure you must be looking, what model are you looking at?

Cheers
Perko

Most of the accessories are made by aftermarket companies, tow bars are made by Hayman Reese, snorkles are from Airtec, bullbar from ARB, best to check before paying more for the same product stamped with a Nissan name.

Haf,

I have an 08 STX and had nissan snug top canopy, towbar, nudge bar, roof racks. Mainly becuase of convenience and buying for business use. No problems with any of the accessories but keep in mind they purchase these as a third party and re badge them i think.

For me the few factory parts I got were a convenience thing only. No one in the right mind would pay the $450 Nissan quoted me for a set of IPF lights or $800 they quoted me for the tow bar after market yet adding them to the total deal was easier.

With previous cars where I needed a loan factory parts were also easier because there was no need to find the cash afterwards to get the extras but for the Nav paying cash meant I had the figure I wanted to pay and it was just a matter of agreeing with the salesman as to how much he'd add, originally I had no intention of getting the nudge bar and driving lights but our figures didn't match so we compromised. I know going by his pricing I supposedly got these parts at some huge discount but I also know it didn't cost him as much to fit the parts as I supposedly paid for them, but with both parties happy the deal was made.

The two main things my Nav got that I didn't discuss with the guy I ended up buying it from was the tinting cause a mate does it at cost and the canopy because I like my canopy better than the one Nissan supply.

I only added a canopy and snorkel when I purchased mine, the dealer recommended the ARB canopy over Nissan (1/2 the price) but I went with the Nissan branded snorkel.

Everything that has been added since has been after market (mostly ARB, apart from the Rhino Rack which came direct from Rhino)

It's not always comparing apples with apples...

For example - the IPF spotlights that Nissan sell might LOOK just like the IPF900's that ARB sell, however Nissan items come with a 100W globe, and the ARB distributed items come with a 130W globe. That additional wattage makes for a substantial difference in light output.

Bullbar - I am not sure about the current D40 bar so cannot speak from a position of authority, but on the GU Patrol, the genuine Nissan bar required the Warn winch to be installed upside down, and had limitations on the size of the winch that could be installed due to dimensional restrictions. Physically larger winches (eg Warn 9.5XP) fit just fine in the ARB bar. That might be worth checking out if it matters to you.

Prices are the other thing - a lot of times you can get a very good package deal from an aftermarket supplier by saying you would like X, Y and Z accessories...they will often do quite good package deals.

And buy buying separate to the purchase of the vehicle itself - you are avoiding paying stamp duty on the price of the accessories...why pay more tax than you have to? Doesn't the Gov't have it's hand deep enough in your pocket as it is? ;)

With regard to vehicle financing, there are plenty of financiers who are willing to give you two or more cheques - one for the vehicle, then another for the accessories shop - you just need to give them the details of what you need.

I have the latest brochure on the 2010 140 kw STX dual cab. I won't be ready to make the purchase until October so I have plenty of time to do some research.

I would like the flame red colour and I thought if I had to wait for it I may as well have some Nissan accessories put on it. At this stage I was thinking about the nudge bar, but down the track I thought a winch may come in handy. But then again looking at the fuel consumption thread the more weight and kit I put on it the worse the fuel economy is going to get.

I think it's probably good to go and see some aftermarket suppliers when the time approaches and see what they can do for me if I bundle a few items together.

When are you looking at receiving your truck Perko? Which dealer did you go through and would you recommend them? I've been down to the dealership at Southport and are not completely sold on their customer service. I rang them months ago about the 2010 model and they said they had just received a new one but they had not completed their pre-delivery on it yet so it wasn't on the lot yet, the guy took my name and number and said he would call me and as you would expect, he never called.

I eventually fronted at the dealer where the new 2010 was sitting there for all to see, I asked for the salesman I spoke to and as he approached me I could see by the look on his face he had no idea who I was, once I told him I had been waiting for his call, he remembered me and I didn't even get an an apology!? Anyway, another guy looked after me and I informed him of how unimpressed I was with this, especially when this was my first experience with Nissan. So to make me feel better they're going to let me take the truck home overnight once it's registered and becomes a demo.

No doubt I won't hear from him again, if I don't I will be looking for another dealer.

Sorry to ramble on, tell me about your truck Perko and what influenced you to choose what you chose.

Cheers,

Haf......:big_smile:

Haf,

Firstly, nudge bars and winches don't mix - you will either need to consider a full bull bar if you want to look at a winch later on, or reconsider your need for a winch. My initial thoughts are, do you actually NEED a winch if you aren't looking at suspension or other "typical" off road type modifications that are typically specified?

Your experience with Nissan dealer sounds typical. Substandard, non-premium dealerships that don't know the meaning of "customer service". If one of the members here is able to point you towards a good dealership that isn't too far away from you, then perhaps it might be worth the drive. Sometimes it's worth a bit of a drive to get decent service.

Good luck with your search - it sounds like you are doing some good research and it can often pay dividends.

Hi Anthony,

I like the look of the nudge bar and you can also fit some lights to it, however then there is the protection point of view of a bullbar and the ability to attach a winch etc etc.

I do have plans for a small lift kit, tyres, wheels, canopy, uhf, fridge and some other bits and pieces to make it a nice off roader. It will probably do mostly beach work and I have thought that it would be better to have the winch than not, hate to get bogged with no way of getting out when I am surrounded by plenty of trees that would suit a good winch.

If Southport Nissan continue to disappoint I have no problems with travelling further towards Brisbane to find a better dealer. We actually take our Mazda to the Mazda dealer in Brisbane due to their customer service and quality of work. That's a 160 Km round trip as well.

Hopefully Perko has some recommendations for me next time he comes online about his dealer or any other QLD'rs in the Gold Coast/Brisbane areas???

Cheers,

Haf......:cheers!:

Back