best value for money recovery gear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dicko11

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering what brand and spec recovery gear you are all using as this is the next thing on my shopping list and am unsure where to start

If you want quality go ARB, TJM etc if want affordability maybe look at Terrain Tamer or Black Rat gear. There a quite a few brands around and a lot of no-name products, just make sure what ever you get is rated and up to standards. Personally I have ARB gear, but just a personal preference.

Best place to start is not to get stuck but I have two bags of Prado removal gear that I got from ARB.

I got a combination of arb and tjm gear. For starters get yourself some snatch straps (2 preferably) and a couple of bow shackles. That is the bare minimum. I have a fairly comprehensive kit that has built up over the years which includes a magnum (arb) hand winch, winch extension strap, 2 snatch straps, drag chain, snatch block, equaliser strap, tow hitch recovery eyelet, high lift jack, leather gloves etc. Just start off with some straps and gradually build up.

Best place to start is not to get stuck but I have two bags of Prado removal gear that I got from ARB.

Dammit where were you last week with such sage advice while I was getting bogged out on the farm?

For my usual recovery situations I can't go past 100HP of 4WD Kubota but it's kind of hard to pack that in the average tub for a weekend up the bush.

I was getting ready for Saturday's trip with 4 of the 8 vehicles being Prados and my winch getting a real workout....

i went to BCF and got the XTM kit i think it called...havent used it yet as the navaras just dont get stuck... but slowly gettin more gear...more shackles more straps...shovel, recovery hitch, equaliser strap. start small work big next on my list is exhaust jack

I was looking at them while I was making this thread. Not sure they're needed if you reduce the air pressure in your tyres and drive as conditions require. I'm no expert in off-road driving though, be interesting to see if they do have value enough to justify the space they'd occupy.

oh forgot to mention my maxtrax///as for the rudge ryders i havent heard of them b4...seen prob a diff version at Anaconda b4 but didnt appeal to me

Back