4 wheel disc brakes d21 4x4

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy_bob

Reaction score
hi guys ... what i want to do is put 4 wheel disc brakes on my truck.. if i can i want to put r33 / 300zx 4pots on the front and the 2 pots on the back...

or is there other nissan 4pot calipers that will fit ??

i was thinking patrol rear disc's and hand brake with the 2 pot caliper..

has any one tried this before ?? any info or pics/links would help..

thanks

Last edited:
Apparently GU or GQ calipers bolt on the front of D22's. I am assuming they would on a D21 to as they are very very similar.

Dave.

hi guys ... what i want to do is put 4 wheel disc brakes on my truck.. if i can i want to put r33 / 300zx 4pots on the front and the 2 pots on the back...

or is there other nissan 4pot calipers that will fit ??

i was thinking patrol rear disc's and hand brake with the 2 pot caliper..

has any one tryed this befor ?? any info or pics/links would help..

Just out of curiosity, why?

I don't know for certain but I have a feeling WD21 Pathfinder/Terrano one pot assemblies will bolt on, whether they can be made to work with the D21 master cylinder, I don't know yet. Not sure if they bolt up because I'm swapping the whole axle wholus bolus, BUT the flange pattern for the whole half axle and hub assembly is the same and all the part numbers are the same so give it a go!

If you can wait a few months I can tell you what needs to be done to get rear discs engineered in a D21.

Apparently GU or GQ calipers bolt on the front of D22's. I am assuming they would on a D21 to as they are very very similar.

Dave.

hi Dave thanks for that.. i need to get out there and find some at a wreckers see what fits..

Just out of curiosity, why?

I don't know for certain but I have a feeling WD21 Pathfinder/Terrano one pot assemblies will bolt on, whether they can be made to work with the D21 master cylinder, I don't know yet. Not sure if they bolt up because I'm swapping the whole axle wholus bolus, BUT the flange pattern for the whole half axle and hub assembly is the same and all the part numbers are the same so give it a go!

If you can wait a few months I can tell you what needs to be done to get rear discs engineered in a D21.

hi Dion... why? = I didnt feel safe when i drove it home .. its all roadwerthy and has been looked at but with the v6/auto in it and weight it took a bit to pull up..

i have been told that the WD21 Pathfinder/Terrano have rear disc .. and a 1"master cylinder with i think ill have to change aswell...

but i cant find any with the rear discs on to try(or cheap)......can you recommend a place to look ?

i think the patrol front(2pot) calipers , WD21 Pathfinder/Terrano(1pot) rear disc and 1" master cylinder would work and bolt straght on...

but i think the 4pot fronts 2 pot rears and 1"master would be a nice bit of over kill ???

and yer any info on getting it engineered would be cool.

thanks for having a look at my rant ..

but i cant find any with the rear discs on to try(or cheap)......can you recommend a place to look ?

but i think the 4pot fronts 2 pot rears and 1"master would be a nice bit of over kill ???

and yer any info on getting it engineered would be cool.

I know what you mean, it's always good fun driving through floodwaters then trying to use the rear drum brakes.

You're in NSW so I don't have anywhere to recommend but you're looking for any year of the Terrano (Jap grey import, TD27T turbo diesel motor), or the WD21 Pathfinder after, and I'm guesstimating here, 1992.

For what diff ?

Sounds a little pricey, I thought Terranos ran drums like the Pathfinder and D22.

Dave.

For what diff ?

Sounds a little pricey, I thought Terranos ran drums like the Pathfinder and D22.

It can be a bit year-dependent but most Terranos were four wheel disc.

$500 is quite a bit. I paid $500 for an entire rolling Terrano chassis, stripped out body and engine but axles (and brakes) still in place.

hi guys .. yer i think $500 is way to much now ... ive seen a few Terranos with the disc rear ends for sale and on the road for $1000..

hi guys .. i found a set of s14 4pot calipers ... calipers bolt right on but the stock disc is a bit small .. ive been told a patrol disc might fit ..(97-00 GR or GU the part number is # DBA625)
if any 1 has a old 1 laying around and i can see if it fits would be a wicked help (you can have it back the wreckers want $50 for 1 bit much if it dont fit) im west of brisbane...

08082010464.jpg

08082010465.jpg

08082010466.jpg

How big are the pads ?

Dave.

hi mate ill get some numbers in the morn for you...

i was talking to a guy about the patrol disc.. there set back 10mm more then the stock disc ... might have to move the caliper or cut 5mm off the hub and 5mm off the disc... its not looking good

Back