New D40 ST-X...wanting advice?!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd262

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am new to the 4wd scene and have just sold my lowered commodore to upgrade to a brand new D40 ST-X dual cab 4x4 TD manual.
Loving driving a manual again and loving the new truck overall, lots of fun to drive.
Anyway, i just wanted to introduce myself and am hoping everyone can give me some advice....
I got a soft tonneau, tow pack and alloy bull bar fitted from the dealer, but i am looking at doing a few other things to it.
I want to give it a 2 inch lift, fit some sort of tub liner or mat to protect the tray, and prob get some underbody protection for when i take it off road.

Regarding the lift, i have spoken with Shane at Suspension Stuff and he suggested lovells shocks(f & r) & front coils and a boss air bag kit for the rear, fitted for about $1250. A mate recently got his SR5 raised by Ace Tyres at Tingapla with EFS gear all round for about $2k. And ARB quoted me about $2k fitted for their old man emu gear....all with greaseable shackles and new bushes.
Needless to say i am quite confused about which way to go here....any and all suggestions are welcome. What sort of experiences have people had with their navara's? Are there any othe places in Brisbane i should talk to about lifting my truck?
And how does lifting the truck affect my warranty with Nissan? i know they say if they can prove the aftermarket stuff causes a problem it voids your warranty...im thinking suspension is pretty straight forward though.

Tub liner or mat - i found this site today Heritage Ute & 4x4 Gear
and their heritage mat and/or aero liner seem pretty decent at a good price...much cheaper than nissan factory. What have others done to protect the tray?

Lastly (sorry to go on so long....), can anyone suggest what to do for underbody protection? TJM seem to have some, not sure how it stacks up or how the price compares as I haven't found an alternative to compare it to.

Anyway, i appreciate any help and advice you can give me.

Cheers, Todd

Hi Todd, welcome to the forums, I'm in Brissie as well.

Perhaps try Ironman for suspension, they have an office at Brendale, their systems are getting good reports.

Hey mate i got 2inch iron man lift done on mine, lifted 60mm at the back and 50mm at the front for 1600 bucks. and the guy will come to you. If you want contacts details or anything just msg me. He does a great job.

Hey scubafreak, thanks for the tip...i will grab the guys name and number off you if thats cool? What exactly did you fit? new shocks all round, front coils, rear leafs, greaseable shackles and new bushes? What model/range of the iron man did you get? I was actually checking them out online earlier today based on Brisbanite's suggestion.

Cheers,

Do you need rear airbags ?

I am rnning Bilstiens in my D22 and rate them very highly. They cost me $750, I fitted them myself.

Since the D40 has struts in the front they will be abit dearer.

Let us know how you go.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back