Auto or manual?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auto or Manual

• Auto

Votes: 39 25.8%
  • Manual

Votes: 112 74.2%

• Total voters

joshy

Reaction score
Noticed alot of the D40s are auto's, Just wondering whats everyones favourite, Auto or manual? obviously most of us D22 drivers didnt have the choice but would you have picked auto anyway?

Me, i hate auto, puts me to sleep, i will never buy one, plus manual is cheaper :big_smile:

Manual for me, I like the control over the vehicle. Love the engine braking aswell.

Dave.

I always have liked autos in cars with powerful engines. My last few commodores I got autos.

I know auto boxes have come a long way in recent times but couldn't imagine my 3.0L with an auto. Would be sh!t id say.

I have a manual, but if I was buying a D40 I'd go with an auto just because the 2.5 is probably more gutless than the 3.0 below 1500 rpm.

I've always preferred manual over auto and so has my wife. For a few years we owned an automatic, a 2.2 litre Camry great car to drive. I always felt tired/sleepy when on shorter trips because it was like driving the lounge chair around! So when the boss got to pick her new car she whent with the five speed manual Rav4. Me, well I diddn't have a choice really! Because I was always going to get the D22.

i'm manual all the way, like the idea that im in control.

got my wife an auto cause she keeps doing the clutch.

a new clutch every 2 years is a bit much

I have always been a fan of manual although i got an auto 2008 D40, as its petrol it saves my tyre wear:no:.

198kw in manual form would be more fun though.

Maybe not in the wet on hill starts though.

Dave.

198kw in manual form would be more fun though.

Maybe not in the wet on hill starts though.

Dave.

its bad enough with the auto. I could just imagine what people would be thinking when they see me drifting around a corner in my rig LOL

I always drive mine manually anyways....

:suicide:

manual all the way, auto'a are shit. i always feel like im not in complete control of the vehicle when driving an auto.

Matty

I always hated autos, swore i'd never buy one, my missus can't drive manual so that kinda made the decision for me, but now I love it, cruise through traffic drinking coffee & talking on the phone all no dramas

lol......driven auto's mainly but when I decided on buying a 4wd I wanted a manual, go figure. I love it.

manuals for me. with the amount of towing and big loads we have on its a must. i think an auto would just curl up and die.

however there has been more than a few times i wish i had an auto. especially when trying to go really slow and when trying to do hill starts on wet ground with a load on.

plenty if imports with auto's, seen a 2.7, 3.2 but not a zd30 one yet. japs love their autos so no doubt they make plenty.

Latest posts

Back