changing headlight bulbs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordo D22

Reaction score
hey fella's just wondering if any of you have changed the light bulbs in your head lights before, i managed to swap the low/high beam's over but was a massive fight. Had to take out the battery and cyclone filter so I could get enough room to get my hands in. Is there an easier way to do this? also as far as I can tell I have to remove the whole headlight to change the park light is this right or am I just a retard.haha thanks

globes

Hey mate, what year is your D22? I got a 2010 and changed the globes on saturday and took me about 3 mins to do both sides. I only changed the H4 though.

What globes did you get for your nav?

hey mate, 2002 model same globes as you, H4. dropped into nissan yesterday and they said I would have to remove the whole headlight to replace the parkers. hardly seems worth it for two little lights but sick of the yellowish ones. cheers for your input bud.

Remove the head light to change the parkers. Lol.

Remove the clip at the front holding the guard liner in and stick your arm up and remove the plug and remove the globe.

Dave.

LOL Remove the whole headlight ... like Dave said just remove the wheel arch guard and you can get access to it through there

Removing the headlight assembly takes about 5 minutes. 3 bolts, a couple of clips and no getting dirt in your eyes as you look up under the front of the truck. It's just not that hard.

Put LED's in the parkers, they are a slut to get to.

So you dont wanna change them often.

Sorry, i seem to be retarded too. What is the easy way to change the h4's? Do they just pull out? Do they just twist out? Do you reef the rubber out first? I dont want to force anything when i cant see what im doing. I cant get my hands in there and cant see shit with my little mirror on a stick. fail all else il just pull entire headlights out so i can see what im doing.

Thanks for the input!
My advice after stuffing around with it this morning; if you havnt done it before, just pull the headlights out so you can see what you are doing and cleen all the shit off before taking the globes out. It isnt hard.
the parkers and indicators are t10. getting some leds off ebay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111165956656

looking at getting these for my d22 will they fit?

They are the right bulb type but my experience with the canbus compatible globes is the thickness of the board is never 100% the same as a standard wedge globe. I've had to use a small flathead screwdriver to bend the T10 base pins inwards so they clasp onto a thinner wedge.

I just installed 6000K halogen H4s and 2 of my own T10 LEDs into my D22 last now here's how they turned out;
iXsJaNn.jpg

Latest posts

Back