3 inch exhaust & original cat

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
is it woth doing a 3 inch straight thru exhaust and leaving the original cat in place.
Its on a 3ltr 2004 model.
Thanks for any comments.:rock:

It would be a complete waste of time doing a 3 inch exhaust without replacing the dump pipe/cat. The standard dump and cat are extremely restrictive. If you are gonna put a new system on, do it from the turbo back.

It would be a complete waste of time doing a 3 inch exhaust without replacing the dump pipe/cat. The standard dump and cat are extremely restrictive. If you are gonna put a new system on, do it from the turbo back.

Second that comment.

Dave.

Would be a waste the like someone said eng-tek,beudesert.taipan but for the best priced system i have found would be that of sterling 4x4 which is a sub branch of humex in nsw well priced bolts straight up with a 3 inch high flow cat give them a call and see what you think.

Sterling Perfomance Exhausts

Czeslaw

don't forget the single biggest gain is from replacing the main muffler.
So are you saying i shouldnt worry about replacing the cat and original dump?
As it is now it sounds just like a subaru WRX when taking off.It has that gurgly rough rumble in 1st gear...:rock:

Would be a waste the like someone said eng-tek,beudesert.taipan but for the best priced system i have found would be that of sterling 4x4 which is a sub branch of humex in nsw well priced bolts straight up with a 3 inch high flow cat give them a call and see what you think.

Czeslaw
Thanks for the info, i will look them up..
Do i need to take off the turbo to fit/replace the original cat/dump?

I did ask for the cat/dump to be removed when i left the narvy to be done,but the shop didnt change it...not too happy about it... i will ring them monday about it..
The guy reckons its a major job to replace them and he has to remove the turbo to do it..
He did say it was included in the price,,,$550 fitted..
All i got was 3 inch from the cat back..

It all depends mate on age and condition have been told the rear lower studs can be quite a pain and you certainly don't want snap one use plenty of wd30 or crc even to the extent of soaking the studs the night before and you shouldnt have a trouble if it feels like it is going to break take the turbo off.

Czeslaw

It all depends mate on age and condition have been told the rear lower studs can be quite a pain and you certainly don't want snap one use plenty of wd30 or crc even to the extent of soaking the studs the night before and you shouldnt have a trouble if it feels like it is going to break take the turbo off.

Czeslaw
So everything going well,it can be done without removing the turbo?

i did main muffler first and then dump pipe + the rest of the exhaust. the gain in power for the muffler was good, the dump pipe didn't give any more power but boost comes on earlier which is nice.

fitting the dump pipe....depends on if the studs are going to stick or not. it can be easier to unbolt the turbo, its not a huge job. just be aware that you may need to replace studs.
mine broke a couple in the turbo and one of the manifold ones.

exhaust

mate go with a beaudesert exhaust, i fitted one to my 03 3.0l a few weeks ago, what a difference, their advice and kit I believe is the best you could get, and no you don't need to remove the turbo to get the dump pipe off,just the 2 bottom long studs, if you need any help pm me your number and I'l see if I can help, cheers mate

Thanks for all the info...i will see if the exhaust shop will make one for me as it should have been included,and go from there....
cheers,Joe

So everything going well,it can be done without removing the turbo?

Yeah sorry if i didn't explain properly before it most certainly can be removed with out having to take the turbo off but like tweak has also stated carefull on the rear studs.I would be heating the nuts on all studs with a very low oxy flame before i tried to loosen them as well as soaking them for as long as possible with a penetrating oil.

Czeslaw

Czeslaw
I rang Sterling today and Jeremy tells me to ring ARB Dandenong as they are now a distributor of Sterling.
As soon as he said that i told him that ARB are rogues,but i rang them anyway.
I only wanted the dump and hi flow cat as i had the rest of the exhaust done allready,and as i expected they tried to rip me off.
The price quoted was over $900,just for that,,,,,so i told him what i thought of that price....
i rang Sterling back,told them what ARB wanted and asked them to quote me a price from them...its only $220....
ARB marked it up by $700......assholes:rock:

Czeslaw

Looks like Sterling are 6-12 months away from having an exhaust for the 2.5 motor :sad:

Latest posts

Back