d40 issues...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coley350

Reaction score
09 d40 king cab auto, seems to have a mind of its own!
Every now it turns the low beam lights on without the switch being on and the indercators dont work, I shut the car down and start again it comes good...

Is it trying to tell me something?

Sounds to me like an ECU fault. It's still under warranty, I'd take the thing back.

The D40 has a feature where the low beam lights can be activated and remain on for 30 seconds to assist with entry into the house (after shutting the car down, flick the "pass" switch - highbeam flash, whatever you call it). That feature would be controlled by the ECU, so I'm guessing that'd be the culprit.

09 d40 king cab auto, seems to have a mind of its own!
Every now it turns the low beam lights on without the switch being on and the indercators dont work, I shut the car down and start again it comes good...

Is it trying to tell me something?

I have had the same issue with my 08 Dual cab since new. I have also noticed the wipers don't work and the idle revs are up 200rpm on normal and even though the indicators don't show on the dash they are actually working on the outside. Most times a simple turn off/on corrects the fault but on many occassions when I turn off the ignition the truck won't even restart. I found the only thing that would get it going again was to give the main wiring loom to the +ve terminal on the battery a tug before trying the ignition.

Has happened dozens of times and in fact on a couple of occassions I have driven my truck with the active fault to Nissan and they have actually witnessed it for themselves. Nissan have swapped out several electrical items including DC distribution module, BCU, main wiring loom with fuses, cleaned all the earth points but with no success yet.

I have all but given up on this, usually happens worse during wet weather. Lucky we don't get many wet days here in Perth.

The D40 has a feature where the low beam lights can be activated and remain on for 30 seconds to assist with entry into the house (after shutting the car down, flick the "pass" switch - highbeam flash, whatever you call it). That feature would be controlled by the ECU, so I'm guessing that'd be the culprit.

I never knew this about the D40 - so i tested it myself last night ... and realised i just learned something new .... LOL

Latest posts

Back