camper trailer hire any recommendations?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4.8GU

Reaction score
Hi all,
We are hoping to get away for the weekend in mid august and I was thinking I should try and hire a camper to sus out what they are like.
I eventually want to purchace one but it would be nice to try out some before hand to get a better idea what we want.

I am on the Northside of Brisbane (caboolture) but would travel a bit for a good mob.

So has anyone done similar and could you recommend a company?
There are so many different manufacturers it is hard to pick one but I guess it comes down to who hires. I have no idea on rates etc either

Cheers for any input even if just camper trailer related.

I will check out the camper trailer forums too

Regards
Brian

Thanks guys I thought the my swag forum would be good but I generally hang out here more than anywhere else so I thought I would ask.

Hey Bosshog those campers do look great and very different to most. Way out of my budget to buy though! :sad:

Anyone here dealt with trackabout??? I know they seem to love em on my swag.

When we first started looking at camer trailers we had just about settled on a brand new Trackabout deluxe tourer 4x4.
We had spoken to Johnny numerous times and he never once told me that I had asked a stupid question and never made me feel like I was the pain in his a$$ I knew I was.
If the dealer here had been a bit more cooperative or friendly I' am positive we would own that Trackabout now.
As it is we just lucked into a great deal (private seller) for the used Cape York we now have.
I have had my Cape York next to Trackabouts on many occasions and IMO the great build quality is the same on both. IMO for the lower price the Trackabout is the way to go. I really like his soft floor rear floor...
Bill

Work out what trailer you'd like to buy then hire it so you can cross it off your list. If there's no hire ones available then cross it off your list on principal - if none of the hire mobs will touch it why should you

good point and it was kinda what I was thinking. Hire before ya buy type thing.

trackabout

we bought a trackabout deluxe tourer 4x4 easter 09 travelled from ballarat vic to gloucester nsw to pick up from drifta kitchens because they impressed me because when its my money its me that matters but look around you might find a good one i looked then chose trackabout but if i had the money i would cut my losses and sell it and buy another one trackabout that is but with boat rack but i could be bias best advice i can give is dont let the dealer help you lift it up and over me and the wife can set up same with the kids but know a bloke bought his trailer got it home now he finds its a struggle to throw over because the awning is joined to the roof section added weight check out trackabout website has links to hire agents and best thing is she who must be obeyed is happy

Thanks very much guys.
I always new trackabout would be worth a look as there seems to be so many people with em.

I really like the look of the jimboomba camper trailers units. Alloy trailer on steel chassis.

Thanks again for all the advise I will look into it some more.

Mate I know the feeling, I was looking into hiring one as am hoping to buy one in the near future, I got a price from Johnno's Campers, It was going to cost over $500/week. Bit ridiculous as the buy price was only $7K.

we bought a trackabout deluxe tourer 4x4 easter 09 travelled from ballarat vic to gloucester nsw to pick up from drifta kitchens because they impressed me because when its my money its me that matters but look around you might find a good one i looked then chose trackabout but if i had the money i would cut my losses and sell it and buy another one trackabout that is but with boat rack but i could be bias best advice i can give is dont let the dealer help you lift it up and over me and the wife can set up same with the kids but know a bloke bought his trailer got it home now he finds its a struggle to throw over because the awning is joined to the roof section added weight check out trackabout website has links to hire agents and best thing is she who must be obeyed is happy

Wow, longest sentence ever! Good advice though.

Latest posts

Back