D40 Altenator pulley Relacement alternator??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxnut

Reaction score
I Just got back from a long trip!!!
My D40's spat the alternator pulley off the alternator and i had to loctite in back on!!! Belive or not it lasted 350KM to get home.
I think that the clutch pulley un screwed from the shaft and was then ground against the shaft.

The thread on the pulley is still there but the shaft thread is gone!!
I loctited it on Hex side in (Backwards and fitted the belt loose) But it got me home.

Any to get to my point were can i get after market alternator??? Genuine is $1,700 AUD

Can you get them without the clutch????

Any help would be great

Holy crap.

Ring a reco mob or auto elec, maybe PM Nizzbits from the forum for the parts you need.

so far none of the auto elec's have been able to find a aftermarket one listed!!

I was hoping that TJM or someone would offer a high output aftermaket option??

Last edited:
How many amp's is the alternator good for ?

The vacumm pump is on the motor so any alternator should work.

Vehicle still under warrenty ?

Dave.

How many amp's is the alternator good for ?

The vacumm pump is on the motor so any alternator should work.

Vehicle still under warrenty ?

Dave.

Its 2006 so it is just out of warrantee
I'm not sure what amps it is. I was hoping that someone else has made the swap and could offer some advise
Also the reason that you have the clutch on the pulley?? Just for easier cranking? Seems like it more trouble than its worth?? It has only done 79,000km mostley on road!!!! some very light dirt work on the farm but no heavy off roading??

the part no are 23100EB310
A3TG26812E

Thats a genuine Nissan part, hiring a car for a few days will still be cheaper then Nissan Australias price.

Checked battery world out yet.

Dave.

I'm of half a mind to say "belt the damn thing on with a hammer and zap it in place with a mig welder". $1,700??? Whoa.

A machine shop might be able to rethread the shaft for you. It might be worth seeking some advice along those lines.

Using a mig won't if it's disassembled, but that wasn't a serious suggestion. Taking it to a machine shop to have the threads re-established WAS a serious suggestion.

A good machine shop can work wonders with those things. They do have to be good though, because they don't want that thing to be even slightly off-centre.

Just got a look at the new one I ordered thru my local auto elec it is a genuine mitsubishi electric one and surprise surprise the pulley has been changed. It now has a big rubber seal on the front!!!!To stop the dust!!!!!
You would think that Nissan would think about this during the design.
My is a 2006 so i understand it is early in the D40 range but this is a clear case where nissan should have recalled rather than replace them under warrantee. This is straight up dishonsety from them.
If it failed a day earlier my family and i would have been totally F#$#ed.
Not to mention if the egine was running hard when it let go!!!!!

Doesn't surprise me, Nissan either use Mitsubishi or Hitachi alternators.

I think I have seen a few Bosch alternators on some Nissan's.

Dave.

I am too late to this but did you think about one off a wreck?

I didn't spend 55K to go put parts from a wrecker on it
Just $1700 from nissan is joke and none of them had stock anyway!!!
it ended up cost $690 from a local bloke.
bad luck if you breakdown with nissan as none of them keep stock on parts that commonly break. (i'm told this happens at 60K on many of them)

Part number for replacement d40 alternator

Hi Mxnut,
I'm in need of a replacement alternator for my D40 navara too. Not for the same reason - but I think an electrical short stuffed the regulator and rectifier - causing the alternator/battery light and also the handbrake light to show on the dash.

I've been given the price from Nissan at $1800 AUD + fitting which is a joke. I see that you've managed to get one at a much more reasonable price. Any chance of finding out the part number for the replacement alternator??

Thanks

hi guys, i just went through the same thing with my 09 d40 i was able to locate an aftermarket alternator through town & country (jas) in newcastle for $600 +gst (new not reco'd ) the $1700 from nissan was a bit out there but they said they keep them on the shelf because they are very popular and a common problem with the d40 navara cheers

Latest posts

Back