Iron man side steps and brush bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Dog

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted the Ironman sidesteps and brushbars to their D40?
I am considering using them because apparently they are attached straight to the chassis and not the body where the nissan side steps go.

Any feedback would be helpful. :feedback:

Hi Red, I have the ARB sidsteps on my D40 which are bolted to the chassis, i have used them to recover my car once. The Iron man should be almost the same. They are great and are a must have for protection in the bush and the shopping center carpark!

i think arb are up around the 1800- 2000 mark. big difference. hopefully the quality hasn't been compromised.
any chance of some pics.

Hi fellow Navara enthusiasts,

Attached are some pics of the Ironman brush bar and steps.

Infomation you need to know:
The steps are designed for the stx chassis to fit up to an Ironman bullbar.(it took 3 hours for the tech to fit it to my RX and Nissan bullbar, in which time they had to reshape the brush bars and insert captive nuts into the chassis.)

As you can see it looks OK however I need to do a mod underneath to regain some of my clearance height.

Attachments

• 100_1181.jpg
    100_1181.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 772
  • 100_1189.jpg
    100_1189.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 689
  • 100_1187.jpg
    100_1187.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 749
  • 100_1186.jpg
    100_1186.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 849
  • 100_1183.jpg
    100_1183.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 622
i think arb are up around the 1800- 2000 mark. big difference. hopefully the quality hasn't been compromised.
any chance of some pics.

Wow, not sure who quoted your prices....

My side ARB side steps were only about $900 (fitted myself) and brush rails were only a few hundred more. Personally I didn't buy the brush rails as I don't have the need for them and don't like the look of them, but the price was substantially lower than what you suggested.

Hi, I didn't like the stock standard side steps either so had mine custom made (wasn't totally happy with the ARB side steps and brush guards and the ironman ones are pretty much the same.)

These attach directly to the chassis and are meant to be able to take the weight of the vehicle. Something I'd prefer not to put to the test, but certainly wouldn't have wanted it to happen with the stock side steps!

Attachments

• navara.jpg
    navara.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 442
  • navara1.jpg
    navara1.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 486
Red - I just heard from a stockist that the side steps bolt straight into the same mounts as the standard D40 steps - so that's in the floor. Did yours mount to the floor or the chassis?
Cheers

There are two styles; if you want just the side steps they bolt on behind the sill, however if you get the steps and brush bar as I have, they bolt on to the chassis.
I am of the belief that the standard mounts behind the sill are not worth a pinch of crap if you accidently take a hit on your steps, therefore I specifically went for the chassis mount.

ants oz, arb at gold coast. i got a price when i got my bar fitted. for that price i can get a boiley to custom make some. i thought it was a bit steep..

Red Dog - how'd you go with lifting the side steps/rails up a bit? They look like they hang pretty low when they were first fitted. Any pics available by any chance?
Cheers, Tim

Tim,
The clearance issue was derived from the clamping mechanism that was standard from Ironman. They used two brackets to sandwich the chassis rail for the centre holding points of the steps, consequently the brackets hung down about 2 1/2" below the chassis line.

I put it on the hoist at work and fabricated some replacement brackets in a more compact, chassis hugging design thus regaining the full underbody clearance.

Cliff

Hi just got ironman step/brushbars fitted now i have a annoying rubbing sound going on anyone with them fitted had this happen if so what was it
Cheers

Latest posts

Back