Will standard shocks cope??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

Reaction score
Wanting to lift my D22 around 2 inches, but what to do it in stages if i can.
Wondering if the standard shocks will cope with 2" lifted rear leafs and wound up torsion bars, this would only be temporary.

Cheers, ant.

They'll certainly cope.

The only ride-height-related reason you would need to change your shock absorbers is fitting longer shocks in the rear to allow for more articulation.

There's no ride-height related reason to change the front shock absorbers at all.

A lot of guys change them to influence ride.

personally i think it's a bit of a silly idea, as changing the shocks in the d22 makes it so much better to drive and more comfy and not bounce all over the road.
if you go off road your rear shocks might not have enough room in them and you could stuff them.
id wait till i could get shocks as well, but its up to you

standard shocks work ok. we have two D22's with 2" lift and standard shocks. 150k + and still on original shocks.
granted some after market ones will be nice but its just $$$.

tweake dont you find when driving them on the highway they drive like a boat and bounce around alot?

tweake dont you find when driving them on the highway they drive like a boat and bounce around alot?

hard to tell, the roads here are like waves at a surf beach !
doesn't really bounce around, gets a heap of sway when i have a heavy load stacked way up high (ie over cab height). would love a rear sway bar !
but then again i could just be so used to it i really don't notice and automaticly correct for it.

Shocks make a massive difference, I am running Bilstiens and my D22 handles awesome.

In the wet the rear end wont kick out unless I try and get it out.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back