HID ballasts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve99

Reaction score
I need some advice fellas. I'm about to get my old HID Hella Rallye 4000's rewired and fitted to my new D40 King Cab.

There is limited space inside the engine bay to mount the ballasts so I was thinking about fitting them onto the very bottom of the nudgebar. Its plastic down there and I was wondering do HID ballasts get hot,or do they stay cool.

If they get hot I'll obviously have to mount them elsewhere. I'd appreciate it if someone that has HID lights could check and see if the ballasts get hot or stay cool.

Thanks in advance.

i need some advice fellas. I'm about to get my old hid hella rallye 4000's rewired and fitted to my new d40 king cab.

There is limited space inside the engine bay to mount the ballasts so i was thinking about fitting them onto the very bottom of the nudgebar. Its plastic down there and i was wondering do hid ballasts get hot,or do they stay cool.

If they get hot i'll obviously have to mount them elsewhere. I'd appreciate it if someone that has hid lights could check and see if the ballasts get hot or stay cool.

Thanks in advance.

anyone.... ?

Sorry my bad, will check tomorrow.

I dont think they get hot though as one of my ballests in sitting on top of my fuse box lid and showing no sign or deformation from heat.

Dave.

I need some advice fellas. I'm about to get my old HID Hella Rallye 4000's rewired and fitted to my new D40 King Cab.

There is limited space inside the engine bay to mount the ballasts so I was thinking about fitting them onto the very bottom of the nudgebar. Its plastic down there and I was wondering do HID ballasts get hot,or do they stay cool.

If they get hot I'll obviously have to mount them elsewhere. I'd appreciate it if someone that has HID lights could check and see if the ballasts get hot or stay cool.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone ....?

Steve, I think there's a metal bar that goes across in front of the intercooler and you might get away with mounting it near that if heat's an issue - the lights might put out some heat, but that's because that's where the power is being used (heat in any device = energy loss).

Out of curiosity, what is the casing of the ballasts made from? If it's plastic, I dare say not to worry about where to mount the ballast.

Latest posts

Back