New ARB Bullbar issues...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hutchstr

Reaction score
Got the new ARB deluxe bullbar & tubliner done on friday..
Doesn't look too bad, BUT the so called colour coding is nothing like the colour of the car.. For one, it has that pearlescence finish which the nav paint doesn't have and secondly, it is a cream/off white colour.
From a distance its not really too noticable but closer you can see its different!

The second thing is the gap between the body & the bar, it is a lot more than I thought, not a big issue but if its not right I will get them to fix it.

Any advise would be appreciated & also if you have a white ARB bar what yours is like... :cheers!:

Attachments

• IMGP2066.jpg
    IMGP2066.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 301
  • IMGP2067.jpg
    IMGP2067.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 228
  • IMGP2068.jpg
    IMGP2068.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 181
  • IMGP2069.jpg
    IMGP2069.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 179
You do need to leave a bit of gap between the body and the bar, the body will flex around a bit offroad and come close to hitting.

As for the colour I reckon that would bug the crap out of me, though mine is not usually clean enough to notice haha. You would have to accept some difference in colour being that even though the paint code is used the processes of painting them are different, and so would the undercoat/primers used. The has got to be a limit though where it is clearly a different colour. I guess if it bugs you then it is a problem, you have to live with it after all, not us.

yeh thats what i am worried about its been bugging the crap out of me since i noticed it this morning and its only been 1 day!
I thought these were powder coated too,? Mine has been painted. Tried to ring ARB to confirm but damn shut!

Hmm if it is powdercoated that will be why, its bloody hard for them to match paint with powdercoat. I'm not sure what mine is to be honest, none of the scratches on it (yep there are lots of em) are back to primer though so I am guessing it may be powdercoated.

All ARB bars are powdercoated. If they are colour colour coded, then they are painted over the top of the powdercoating.

Don't take this the wrong way, but perhaps you misunderstood.....everyone is quick to blame someone else.....

The gap between the bar and the panels looks about right - needs some gap to allow for flex in the ladder frame chassis so the bar doesn't contact the bodywork and damage it. The chassis flexes quite a lot, and the body (which is mounted on rubber blocks) moves around a fair bit too. If there were not quire a decent gap - the bar and body would swap paint.

And to save you your next post in a few days time to complain about shoddy ARB workmanship etc (seeing as though that seems to be the flavour...), the vibration you see on the corners of your bullbar (above the headlights) is not the bar moving - its the body moving in relation to the bar. The bar is rigidly mounted to the chassis - the body is mounted on rubber.

All ARB bars are powdercoated. If they are colour colour coded, then they are painted over the top of the powdercoating.

Perhaps this is why it looks different, the paint code would be the same but a different base colour would make the top coat look different.

I have had my ARB bar for about 4 months now. The panel gap that is showing on yours is standard and from the abuse I have put my car through in the high counrty you will need ever millimetre of the gap.
The bar does move quite a bit, but it is better then having to replace cracked headlights... a costly excercise.
P have poested my pics in this section under the heading 'bull bar panel gap'. check it out for reference.

As for the colour, it definately isn't the genuine nav colour, more like xtrail colour

Last edited:
thanks to all for the help, looks like the gap is norm and probly wouldnt have said anything if it wasnt for the colour problem ..
Going in to ARB tomorrow to try and sort it out.. :devil:

Don't take this the wrong way, but perhaps you misunderstood.....everyone is quick to blame someone else.....

The gap between the bar and the panels looks about right - needs some gap to allow for flex in the ladder frame chassis so the bar doesn't contact the bodywork and damage it. The chassis flexes quite a lot, and the body (which is mounted on rubber blocks) moves around a fair bit too. If there were not quire a decent gap - the bar and body would swap paint.

And to save you your next post in a few days time to complain about shoddy ARB workmanship etc (seeing as though that seems to be the flavour...), the vibration you see on the corners of your bullbar (above the headlights) is not the bar moving - its the body moving in relation to the bar. The bar is rigidly mounted to the chassis - the body is mounted on rubber.

thanks Ants
yes i did see the movement and think 'damn the bar looks loose'... but thought about it and did realise it couldnt be the bar moving..
i wouldnt critisize the workmanship of ARB :sarcastic:

Update

Well, sorted out the paint colour issue..

The bullbar is painted white but the X Trail metallic white not the navara polar white... A mix up with the paint code with 1 letter.. (as i had orderred the bar through Nissan to get done)
the best part, ARB were correct. They openned the box with the bar and as soon as the tech saw it he knew it was the wrong colour, he phoned Nissan and advised them it was wrong and the rep at nissan said to not worry, shut up and just fit it... can you believe that!???
So now i have to wait 2 weeks to get the car back to ARB to repaint it, plus they want it for 3 days!... not happy.... :devil:

Any way i have had my rant.... :rant:

lol at nissan...yet another one to add to the "you wouldn't believe" list

Back