Tracks near Adelaide

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVR

Reaction score
Thought I would start this so as to help us find local tracks for quick afternoon wheelin' action

So I'll kick it OFF

"Golf Links Rd LOBETHAL"

My Garmin found it easily and it was a nice drive out there with the family this time of year.
It's a fun "dry weather only" track that wasn't dry today:cheers!: As you go down the track you'll see side tracks running parallel to the main track and these are where all the fun is but some of them are defiantly
'hi clearance' territory unless you want to bend your sidesteps. In the middle of the track there was a lot of water and deep ruts at the bottom of a valley that I feared my non lifted NAV would negotiate, so, as I was on my own, and I didn't fancy trying to find a local farmer with a tractor, I chickened out!!! (gotta get my winch done:frown:) but If I have someone with me next time I'll be all over it!!! The whole track is a bit short at 2 or 3 k's long so you'll probably have to turn around a few times and do it again to get your full 4X4 fix.

We finished off with a stop at MELBA's chocolates So all in all had a fun couple of hours with the family and the NAV got filthy. SWEET

I've wondered about Lobethal Rd for a while, i really should "just do it".
2Hrs 20Mins from Adelaide is Loveday 4x4 park, a little far for a day trip (because you want to spend some hours at Loveday), but a great overnight weekender that has every imaginable 4x4 option available.
another place i like is Goolwa beach, good to head down the mouth for a fish too.

not really Adelaide but kinda......

great idea for a thread, good work. going to follow this one keenly.

Some loveday clips here.
YouTube - My Navara Compilation

will and dvr, im still keen. maybe a sat or sun in october. i love fishin too will. hopefully gus is back soon and he can come too

gday guys, yeah there are a couple of tracks north of the city, where i am, salisbury, lobethal track is good, gets a bit better with a bit of rain, just watch the gum tree at the bottom...!!! snake gully road at harrogate is ok for a bit of a rock and mud fix when you do the lobethal run, also again when it rains..... ha ha i love the wet...... out at two wells there are a few REALLY rutted flat tracks that will test the momentum physics theory. keep living the dream guys may see ya out there!

oh and mt crawford forest is good... you just got to be prepared to take a few risks.... i will let you read that how you want to.....

will and dvr, im still keen. maybe a sat or sun in october. i love fishin too will. hopefully gus is back soon and he can come too

I'm keen. might need to meet up at the Lobethal track one day, or maybe the Mt Crawford like Grumpy has mentioned. no pressure on October, but sometime this year would be good. :heeeelllllooooo: maybe even wet a line one day???

giddy up will. ive got apretty big lift,(bt 3 inches) but no underbody or new side steps yet. stuff yet. hopefully get my bar next week, and underbody stuff a couple of weeks after that.

Yikes! sounds pretty serious, I've got a 2" lift and some BFG ATs. going down to Robe for the October LWE. cant wait for that, going down with a few cars so should be a few recoveries and shenanigans.

should look at getting a few of the SA crew together over the next few months, Oct will be pretty busy for me so Nov/Dec is prob better. but happy to play it by ear.

Thought I would start this so as to help us find local tracks for quick afternoon wheelin' action

So Grumpy? Where in Two wells and Mt Crawford are the tracks?
C'mon guys, God is in the details!!

If someone wants to organize something on a Saturday I'm in also. IF I'm free that is. Bathurst is a traditional weekend in front of the telly in my house & Going to Fraser Island in November.

Oh btw other than the Snorkel my Nav is bog standard (off road wise) and I dont care:rock:

Last edited:
Hey DVR, Mt Crawford forrest around Williamstown and Kirsbrook are fun, good fire trails etc. I use to live in Williamstown before moving to Mildura 2 years ago, so it was my old stomping ground for years. Yep I miss the forrest, still have some wild dirt up here though if you want to head up anytime...Cheers Mick...:cheers!:

I agree, I Used to ride trail bikes in the forest but last time I looked they were all fenced off with locked gates. That's why we need to list whats still open here so we can find what's available to us. THat was the Idea of this thread.

ok dvr the roads that you are looking for in two wells are most roads in your ubd that are marked dry weather road only. bearing in mind that it doesnt rain as much in two wells as what it does in adelaide, ive been there when its pissin down here and dry up there and im at salisbury... go figure. one road worth a look is secomb rd but its gotta be wet to have fun. and in mt crawford the three chain breaks road will get you to most spots in the forest that are chained off... lobethal you can do in stock form just be careful bcoz the gum tree is big and stick to the ruts in the wet.

tried uploading photos...got em on my profile but not on this thread sorry. they were taken at two wells. good fun day!!

Last edited:
hey guys found another road today about 5 mins from the lobethal run. in charleston not really challenging but a nice bit of scenery a bit of mud and rock, at least if you go to lobethal you might as well check it out.... sandy waterhole road. lets keep the adelaide tracks coming in!

Might be well known but today I found you can get onto the beach at Daly Head on Yorke Penninsula. Being a bit green on sand driving it took me two go's getting back up the track to the road. I didnt drive too far along the beach as I was alone but I spoke to a guy on his way out in a Prado that had been camping and he reckoned it was decent beach driving for quite a distance.
See second pic for the beach Walking the Yorke's Coastal Leisure Trail | Rural Solutions SA

Might be well known but today I found you can get onto the beach at Daly Head on Yorke Penninsula. Being a bit green on sand driving it took me two go's getting back up the track to the road. I didnt drive too far along the beach as I was alone but I spoke to a guy on his way out in a Prado that had been camping and he reckoned it was decent beach driving for quite a distance.
See second pic for the beach Walking the Yorke's Coastal Leisure Trail | Rural Solutions SA
just last weekend i was trying to get onto that sand bowl section and couldnt seem to find any acces there, how you get there?

Back