Clunking - Front Drivers Side - Missing Bolt Question?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'Day All,

Noticed over the last week a clunking noise coming from the front drivers side, mainly over corrugations and or pot holes etc......Finally got a a chance today to jack it up and pull the wheel off.

Noticed straight away that the shock absorber was missing the lower bolt completley through the eye and mount.....? Not good. Has bent the mounting bracket slightly also.

My question is does it matter what type of bolt size etc I stick back through to replace missing/broken bolt? Guessing it will have to high tensile with lock nut and a pretty snug fit to stop any play? Your thoughts? Or better yet does anyone know the correct size of the bolt/nut or where I could find that info out?

Thanks guys!

Id go the right size as thats what the shockie was designed to use.

Suspension and brakes and engine components I never skimp on.

Dave.

For now I have had to use whatever I could find in garage to get it by for a couple of days...Will have to ring Shock supplier I guess to see if they have replacement parts or if they know the right size to get? It looked like it might of had a nut welded onto mounting bracket, but thats gone?

As long as its the same grade and size as the original go to a bolt shop if its easier.

Dave.

Yeah it will need to be high tensile for the shear strength it needs. You should get by for a few days with what you've put in Matt.

Latest posts

Back