D40 Navara STX alloy rims

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee 337

Reaction score
I have been informed that the Navaras made in Thailand and Spain for some reason, the wheels have 2 different offsets on factory alloy rims ... Is there any truth to this?? :confused:

As I'm looking a getting a couple to have as extra spares.

Cheers for the link ...

"The stud pattern for all D40 Navara's is 6/114.3 The Spanish built D40's have a +30 offset,Thai built Kingcabs have a +45 offset and Thai built Singlecab D40's have a +40 offset. "

So the dualcabs also have diffrent offset ... Spain vs Thai ???

Last edited:
The guys at my local Nissan dealership told me they could not even tell the difference ?!?!?

The guys at my local Nissan dealership told me they could not even tell the difference ?!?!?

They really need to look harder ! The offset is written on the inside of every rim.

1z6s9c2.jpg

They really need to look harder ! The offset is written on the inside of every rim.
1z6s9c2.jpg

That would involve removing the rim - the apprentice must have been down the road looking for the left handed screw driver at the time!

hmmm ... i'll have a look at some spare rims i have at home, now that it has been pointed out to me.

That would involve removing the rim - the apprentice must have been down the road looking for the left handed screw driver at the time!

Nah,you dont have to remove the rim. You could look while its on the vehicle,its just a matter of bending your back.

Wondering if there has been an answer to this post yet? Is there an offset difference between a Thai built ST Dual Cab and a Spain built STX Dual Cab? If so, what is it and so what as long as a pair of the same are always located together on the front or the rear?

Thanks in advance,
bloke48

Its more Thai wheels might hit Spanish brake calipers or Spanish might hit the Thai calipers I think

The bottom line is all ST-X wheels should be the same

Ok just went and crawled under the truck.
My ST-X is running Offset of 30mm and I beleive the Thai trucks run 40mm or 45mm offset

So...
In theory ST-X wheels should fit all others but all others may not fit the ST-X

Last edited:
^ 'Tis correct, there is a 15mm difference, some say it wont make a difference and who knows they may just be right, but 15mm is still 15mm and it might be an unforgiving 15mm on the day you don't want it to be.

Get Back # 1

First news is:

Spain built STX has 30mm offset.

Thai built ST has 45mm offset.

Spain built STX 30mm offset alloy fits Thai built ST. Tested front and rear, full lock both ways and free-spinning wheels. No sign of any clearance problems. In fact, ST front calipers seemed closer to the inside surface of the ST rim than they did with the STX rim.

Also noticed plastic Thai built axle cover/insert doesn't have the cute chrome plating to the ring around "Nissan" that the Spain built STX has. (That bit is for all those who want to win the "Ï know something you don't know" contest at morning tea!)

Now to test the ST on the STX. Stay tuned.....

Hi, First post, I have been looking at the forum for a while now, bought a new D40 ST late last year (love it).
I have a camper trailer with 15 inch wheels and want to change them over to 16 inch Navara wheels to limit the spare wheels I have to carry on a trip to the Kimberleys in July.
The question is if I fit STX wheels (40mm offset) to the camper trailer can I use them for a spare on the Navara (30mm offset).
Hope you guys can help.

Hi Peter firstly welcome to the forum
Secondly I think the biggest issue you might have is trying to find any hubs for the trailor that will have the coeect stud pattern as ours is somewhat unique . The replacement hubs for our trucks come as a complete unit with bearings installed so i dare say noone will do an aftermarket deal for trailors.
In the diagram below you can see what the offset is actually measured from
If the Spanish ST-X wheel is +30mm and the Thai wheel is +45mm then it means the Thai wheel will sit closer to the center of the truck. So if you put Spanish wheels on a Thai truck you would in theory increase the track by 30mm in total. The actual issue would be more if the wheels clear the front brakes.I would hope they would keep the same design specs
offset.gif

if you want to change your hubs over to a d40 stud pattern 6x114.3 then maybe shoot woodyd40, pretty sure he has some for a camper trailer or something

Hi Aussie Frontier,
Thanks for your reply.
First thing tomorrow, off comes a wheel from the Navara and onto the trailer, I will let you know the results.

Latest posts

Back