d22 bucket seats

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamjam

Reaction score
in the near future i will be swapping the bench seat in my dx single cab over to a pair of bucket seats. just chasing some info on what seats will bolt straight in and which ones do everyone prefer? i know the str seats will bolt straight in and im thinkin the console shouldnt be too hard to fit up also.

any thoughts or opinions are appreciated
cheers,
gamjam

R50 Pathfinder seats may bolt in.

There are leather R50 seats on ebay at the moment.

Dave.

how did u go with this mate? i'm looking at swapping out the str bucket seats for something else, just for a little more comfort when doing long drives... but not sure what will bolt straight in.... any suggestions?

I don't think the r50 seats will fit dave.arn't the r50's the d40 model.You will have to check and see if the floor pan is the same.I have a set of recaro's in mine which I bought off ebay and got the seat bases from a recaro distributer

Na the R51 shares alot with the D40.

The R50 ran the same driveline as the D22, except the rear was coil.

Dave.

Ah my mistake Dave.The best thing to do would be ring a wreckers and askiff they fit in and have the same floor pan and if they dont see if the rails and mounts are interchangable between the seats

The best thing to do would be ring a wreckers and askiff they fit in and have the same floor pan and if they dont see if the rails and mounts are interchangable between the seats

I tend to find wreckers don't know their arseholes from their nostrils. Better off going in and asking to have a look around, string them on that you're going to pay three times the going rate for some seats, then when you know what you need to know, say you couldn't find what you want and leave

Three different wreckers three different answers

Last edited:
Has anybody done this conversion yet??

I'm keen as to see if they fit straight in. Unsure if there is enough cab space to allow for decent back rest angle.

D22 seats bolt straight in.

D21 buckets will bolt straight in to.

However you need the seat runners.

Dave.

Have done it fit perfectly but you do loose a bit of room its still better than the bench

just a quick tought but is it possible to make a pair of 98 wrx seats fit? obviously i would need to modify/make up some new rails or maybe fit the seats to the d22 rails? just trying to figure out if they can sit low enough, otherwise they will look just like oem with the black and grey pattern, just better support........ :big_smile:

The best way to figure out an answer to that question is to physically measure the two seats, I'm not aware of anyone using WRX seats, I think Dunnydore seats were mentioned once but I don't remember if they were fitted or just thought about.

if i wanted to have to do the hard work i wouldn't have asked the forum lol :p yeah i think i might have to pull one out of one of my mates cars........actually have seen someone put old 60series seats in a brand new 79series landcruiser..... dont know why but if thats possible then so is this! thanks mate :)

If I wanted to do the hard work I'd have hunted for answer for you :sarcastic:

Actually I don't remember the thread's title but I seem to remember a discussion about the the seat mounts being so different to other manufacturers that many other seats wouldn't fit but that thread was a long time ago and it might even have been in relation to a D40.

hahaha fair enough:p i'm more just looking for the normal st-r seats with a bit more bolster in them, i find myself sliding around in them a bit (i'm not the biggest of blokes out there 5'11" and 70kg's) and wouldn't mind that bit of extra support.... i'm sure the physical mounting of them wouldn't be that hard (just use some RHS with the mounts for the seats and the mounts for the rails) just more concerned that i might need to get a sunroof to drive around then if it's too high, i want them to just look like they were always there...... :D

Slidedriver, Did you ever find out if the rex seats could be fitted into a nav. My son has a 2004 model and they are so much more comfortable than mine and i had the same idea.

hi mate, no i havent actually, the seats have gone on the backburner atm, still really interested in doing this, but also looking at a different, actually sporty car instead of turning the nav into something its not, i'm still keeping the nav but not sure i want to modify it anymore, so most likely i will be doing the seats next week :p as for the rex seats, my mate who actually had a 98 wrx sold his car before i had a chance to pull one out and have a look, however, looking through autobarn the otherday i found some seats made by 'drift' they look just like the wrx seats just in black and with a racer 'drift' stitching on the back, better in the lower lumbar support then the nav and wrx seats(anyone else find the nav seats stick out too much in the lower back part instead of being more flat backed?) and for someone my size i seem to mold into them, once your in you cant move! the holes on the seatbase look like they would line up with the factory rails, but a spacer might be needed for the back two bolt holes, aswell as a longer bolt, and i'm not sure if that would be ok or not as far as legallities go, and as i said i havent actually taken a seat rail with me to have a look, i hope this helps!

btw, if anyone has done this, or any other seatswap using the factory seatrails, can they pipe up? if it can be done for minimal modification, then i'll be more interested in doing this and posting up a how to guide or something!

Thanks Slide. I get a bit of pain in the left hip area. i'm not old enough yet to warrant a replacement. I think i will try a seat replacement first and see how i go. if I actually get it done, i will post. Cheers mate.

Sorry to bring up and old post but has anyone done a seat conversion from stock d22 seats to WRX bucket seats? For some reason I've been getting cramps ever since driving the nav. Want to put the same seats I had in my 07 impreza if possible, heaps more support and way more comfortable. Any help would be great.

Back