Channel 9

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVR

Reaction score
Another thing that ticks me off is channel 9 padding TOP GEAR out till 9pm with adverts and then calling it SUPERSIZE!!!!!! Also repeating the old ones ad nauseam.

Why couldn't they just leave it on SBS?

I hear ya, i hardly watch it anymore, it has been ruined with it's delivery. A friend dnlds them so i get to see them add free.

Yeah EZTV is great.
I hope you boys are using peerblock or something similar or you may get one of these from your provider

Dear XXX Customer (XXXXXXXX),

XXX XXXXXXXX has received a complaint from a rights holder regarding the
unauthorised distribution of material protected by intellectual property
law. A copy of the complaint is attached.

If you do not believe you are infringing copyright, contact the issuers
of the infringement notice and let them know you are not infringing
their copyright.

Using XXX XXXXXXXX in this way may also contravene our terms and
conditions of use and could result in suspension or termination of your
access to our service.

If you have any questions about this email or our Terms and Conditions,
please contact Customer Service on xx xx xx or
[email protected].

Kind Regards,

Internet Abuse Team
XXX XXXXXXXX

This is the Attachment

XXX XXXXXXXX Pty, Ltd.
XX XXXXX XXXXXXX
XXXXX XXXXX, NSW XXXX AU

RE: Unauthorized Distribution of the Copyrighted Television Series Entitled
Dexter

Dear XXX Abuse Department:

We are writing this letter on behalf of Showtime Networks Inc. ("SNI").

We have received information that an individual has utilized the below-referenced IP address at the noted date and time to offer downloads of copyrighted television programs through a "peer-to-peer" service, including such title(s) as:

Dexter

The distribution of unauthorized copies of copyrighted television programs constitutes copyright infringement under the Copyright Act, Title 17 United States Code Section 106(3). This conduct may also violate the laws of other countries, international law, and/or treaty obligations.

Since you own this IP address (XXX.XXX.XX.XX), we request that you immediately do the following:

1) Remove or disable access to the individual who has engaged in the conduct described above; and

2) Take appropriate action against the account holder under your Abuse Policy/Terms of Service Agreement.

We also would request that you inform the individual who engaged in this conduct that legitimate copies of SNI content are widely available for viewing online, for example on Showtime Official Site :: Original Series, Movies, and Sports <http://www.sho.com/> , as well as iTunes, Amazon.com and Movielink.com.

On behalf of SNI, owner of the exclusive rights in the copyrighted material at issue in this notice, we hereby state that we have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by SNI, its respective agents, or the law.

Also, we hereby state, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that we are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive rights being infringed as set forth in this notification.

Please direct any end user queries to the following:

[email protected]

Please include the Case ID XXXXXXXXX, also noted above, in the subject line of all future correspondence regarding this matter.

We appreciate your assistance and thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Your prompt response is requested.

Respectfully,

A Kempe
Enforcement Coordinator
MediaSentry

:big_smile::big_smile:
PS I got this late last year and my provider did NOTHING but forward this to me:big_smile:
I checked those links to where "legitimate copies are widely available" They were unavailable.:suicide2:

Last edited:
Just stops the other peers being able to identify your real IP, hence your identification.

Copyright infringement notices are not legally valid in Australia as they cannot provide conclusive proof, and no Australian ISP will release your details to the senders of said notices as the ACMA and Aus privacy laws forbid them.

If anyone gets these notices just bin them, that's what most ISP's do, only some forward them on to the end users. For now anyway..........

This is the one I use: http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/

I wouldnt have thought it would be an easy thing to track someone down and enforce that, let alone the cost of having someone do it!

cheers

a mate downloads them, so ya get to watch all the new episodes without an add every 2 minutes, cause they just keep repeating old episodes

Mate of mine is acutally involved with a court case regarding that letter above. He was contacted by iinet and told 20 ip addresses were slected for thousands and that he was basically lucky enough to have his ip address select at random to be used as evidence in a the court case iinet is currently going through against the major studios, Universal, showtime etc..

iinet won the first round but the studio appealed so they are going again. The studios want the courts to reveal the peoples details and names but iinet refuse and will only provide IP addresses, the court so far agrees with iinet.

There were a few shows tagged, Dexter being one of them, so if you downloaded some of the 'tagged shows' you probably got a letter, i'm still waiting for my letter.

I'll keep you posted on home my mate (we'll call him 'Lucky') goes

I wouldnt have thought it would be an easy thing to track someone down and enforce that, let alone the cost of having someone do it!

cheers

Sites like EZTV are TORRENT sites. They are really just menues to let you see what files other people have (they are called seeders). You need a torrent client (a program) such as UTorrent or similar (there are many). When you download a torrent, the IP adress of everyone who currently has that file available is loaded into your Torrent program, which then monitors those addresses and downloads from them as they come online The IP addresses of every seeder (people who have the whole file) and leacher (people who have part of the file) with the file your downloading is listed and logged by the program. Not a problem if your not breaking copyright but a cause for concern if you are in the habit of downloading "movies, music, programs and shows, (anything copyright protected). The program peerblock and others, stops known anti peer to peer IP adresses logging onto your client and thus hides you from them. One problem is that it's a fairly simple matter to get a new IP adress, that why it's important to have peerblocker auto update it's database daily (recomended) so that all the new "known" IP adresses are also blocked.

Whew, hope that makes sense!!

Latest posts

Back