ChipIt Diesel Performance Chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
ive been studying these chips for a lil while now and was wondering if anyone has had one fitted and with any luck whats gains are u getting? was thinking the price of these modules was fairly cheap compared to other modules that gain u nuttin. plus with it being able to hook up to a computer and download upgrades and do custom tunes etc thought it was a sweet idea.

any help would be great

thanks

:rant:

chip it

Yeah one of the blokes from work has fitted a chip it unit to his triton and very impressed both economy and power has improved and he also purchased the program with it so can adjust it him self to suit driving conditions rest of triton is standard ecept blanked egr I have looked but $$ contol the purchase at the moment Chris

Too many to choose from rustynav..
i have been chatting to robert from chip it for a while as well as about 4 other manufacturers..
At this stage after all the research i am swaying towards the Steinbauer chip, it seems to have the best rap from what i can see, even though its more expensive, but nothing compared to the cost of repairing a turbo or motor!
They can also provide Dyno's that they have done as well as a few of the others but chip it are about the only ones who cant so i am a bit sceptical, yes they offer money back but if you have nothing to compare it to what grounds do you stand when returning? food for thought anyway

Just recapping an old thread post. Spoke to my local chip it dealer and he has told me gains of upto 62% will come from the d22 motor. They tested one and it had 76kw at wheels without chip and with chip it was 110kw at wheels. Not a bad outcome. Leaning towards getting one now with a boost controller.

Fitted one to my Patrol on the weekend. Incredible power increase, EGT's are safe with the auto de-tuning. I wouldn't go with any other chip for that reason.

Just gotta convince the wife its worth it. Also a new set of wheels and tires and front lokka. Think ill be begging for a while

Even though I have a D40, I'll wade in...

IMO the Steinbauer is probably the best because it is hard wired into the throttle sensor, but therein (agruably) lies its weakness; it's hard wired.

So IMO the ChipIt is the best of the 'plug play' chips. Mine is absoutely amazing! I have terrible fuel economy (but that is nothing new with a series 3 auto coz of the DPF) because I am chasing more power! And OMG it absoutely flies and has endless power. Its best feature is the high EGT override (which needs to be seperately purchased). The EGT gauge is easy to fit and when it alarms, it trips the chip back to a lower setting - and it does work coz I set the alarm at a low temp to test it.

Gus

D22 crd chipit install

Just fitted a Chipit chip to my 2008 D22 CRD with the Fuel Banjo Bolt mod. Set the Tune to Folder 2 Custom 2 and Wow, the difference to the performance is amazing.

Has anyone fitted a chipit chip to a 2010 model D22? I've tried two other brands of chips now on my D22 and both of them reduced the performance.

I'm curious if there is something different with the 2010 models?

I'm getting my car dyno tuned at All Star Tuning and Performance on Thursday and they think that the chip it modules are awesome and can not rate them high enough, they said that with the injector and fuel rail combo with some other mods they have seen massive gains out of D22's. I already have the Steinbauer chip but would consider running the chip it fuel rail module along side it for a bit more get up an go

D22 YD25's are a pretty horrid setup to chip to be really honest with you guys.

You have to be very gentle on the off boost fueling as they have a really bad tendency to smoke due to a wastegated turbo rather than VNT.

Once they are up on boost, they accept a bit more fueling without drama's. And installing a boost control valve to up the boost to 18-19psi is acceptable and helps them out alot in the EGT department.

As for the reflash side of things, it sure is the best way to go.
With reflashing we can adjust any parameter stored inside the ecu. No other piggyback system can even come close to the results that a good flash tune can provide.

I know Tunit does reflashing for D40's, but unsure if the D22 is on their list at the moment or not.

Your car is in good hands they did mine last year the dyno is state of the art they probably will set boost at 19psi and correct your air fuel ratio. The only thing holding it back is the stock intercooler pump too much through it and it cannot keep up i ended up with 152hp atw up from 87 stock done 40k all heavy towing and never looked back with lower egt's of course good luck.

air to fuel ratios vary all the time with diesels... they have no O2 sensor...
hense no detonation from a lean mixture,
your getting them confused with petrols.

your concern should lie with the efficiency of the turbo, as the hitachis are good for around 16 without intake cooling and 18-19 with significant intercooling or water injection.

if you want to play with boost get the new billet wheel by forefront.

Very happy with my Chip it chip installed by same guys that did my 3" exahust in Perth. They did it as a package. Not sure exact gains but very noticeable especially when you put the foot down :p fuel economy stayed pretty much the same. Spits out a fair bit of black smoke when you shift a bit early but its all part of the fun.

Latest posts

Back