2 inch body lift engineers in VIC??????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docp1980

Reaction score
Hi,

i'm looking into doing a 2 inch body lift on my Nav (2009 D22 with 2 inch EFS suspension lift) and I have called about 6 of the engineers on the VIC roads VASS engineers list and they all say you can't lift a car with airbags off the chassis. I was going to purchase the ready to go kit from Zordo. Does anyone know of any VASS certified engineers in the Melbourne (even Geelong) area that would certify this?????? If I can't get it engineered then it's a no go for insurance reasons......

Cheers!

I have called about 6 of the engineers on the VIC roads VASS engineers list and they all say you can't lift a car with airbags off the chassis. I was going to purchase the ready to go kit from Zordo. Does anyone know of any VASS certified engineers in the Melbourne (even Geelong) area that would certify this?????? If I can't get it engineered then it's a no go for insurance reasons......

Have you tried Kevin Williams? Dunno what he'd say about the body lift but I find him a nice guy to deal with.

The issue you will have is that a body lift on an airbag fitted vehicle would be impossible to prove compliant with the ADRs with which the vehicle was built to be compliant without crash testing. It's basically an unengineerable mod for private clients and the only time you would chance upon an engineer willing to engineer such a mod is if that engineer has been involved in a buildup in the past with a vehicle the same as yours which included crash testing with a body lift, ie. ARB developing their product range for the vehicle or similar.

Hi,

i'm looking into doing a 2 inch body lift on my Nav (2009 D22 with 2 inch EFS suspension lift) and I have called about 6 of the engineers on the VIC roads VASS engineers list and they all say you can't lift a car with airbags off the chassis. I was going to purchase the ready to go kit from Zordo. Does anyone know of any VASS certified engineers in the Melbourne (even Geelong) area that would certify this?????? If I can't get it engineered then it's a no go for insurance reasons......

Cheers!

The Engineers have already answered your question.....

That includes Dion, who I believe is a Auto Engineering student?

I'm impressed you remember that, Jason. You must have a better memory than me.

I wouldn't forget something like that, Just cant wait for Dion Enginering to get registered so I can get my body lift passed!!!!!
:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

I wouldn't forget something like that, Just cant wait for Dion Enginering to get registered so I can get my body lift passed!!!!!
:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

Hahaha.

Long wait ahead of you... seems like there's 10-15 years industry experience required for VASS accreditation... :cheers!:

well what about four wheel drive insurance? has anyone sussed that out? wouldn't need to worry about your normal insurance if you could get that, then maybe you would be insured with body lift?

In Victoria, as per VSB14, a vehicle which does not have airbags fitted can be lifted a total of 50mm without certification. This can be by method of suspension lift, body lift, or a combination of both, but the total increase in vehicle height is not to exceed 50mm. To remain entirely within the letter of the law, get in touch with a VASS Engineer prior to commencing any modification work which would lead to a total lift in excess of 50mm.

Well with my tyres and suspension lift i'm already above 50mm. I have spoken to a VASS engineer to get the body lift passed and he was talking in the domain of $3500 for testing and such.

So im just gunna bite the bullet and go ahead with it. with the I'm sorry i brought the car like that sir approach

Well with my tyres and suspension lift i'm already above 50mm. I have spoken to a VASS engineer to get the body lift passed and he was talking in the domain of $3500 for testing and such.

So im just gunna bite the bullet and go ahead with it. with the I'm sorry i brought the car like that sir approach

That's a lane change test... how much lift did you want?

sorry guys - does this include 50mm suspension lift?

Yes. Suspension lift, or body lift, or tyres, total ride height rise must not exceed 50mm

That's a lane change test... how much lift did you want?

Yes. Suspension lift, or body lift, or tyres, total ride height rise must not exceed 50mm

I have 32.5 inch muddies for when i go out and to fit them under i had to wind the front up to a level i'm not happy with. When the front has to down travel quickly, like over small ruts and pot holes the upper control arm makes a solid metal clapping sound.

So with the 2" suspension lift i have now and the small lift with the tryes i'm wanting to add a 2" bodylift and look into the Calmini upper control arms and extended shackles to even the rear out.

By getting the bodylift i can lower the front a little to where it's more comfortable.

Move to NSW, they seem to get 5" lifts engineered as easily as buying a Macca's happy meal.

There's an idea haha my folks live just over the border

Try this guy,

Allen, 0408 103 163. Operates out of Cambellfield and Fern Tree Gully. He told me he would certify my d22 for $565, I just havent got around to doing the bodylift yet.

And as far as I know, you need a engineering for a bodylift regardless of height.
otherwise how will the rwc testers know that you have 2 inch BL and 2inch suspension, they will notice the BL easily but I dont think they would be measuring all vehicles and comparing to manufacturers ride heights.

Allen, 0408 103 163. Operates out of Cambellfield and Fern Tree Gully. He told me he would certify my d22 for $565, I just havent got around to doing the bodylift yet.

That's more like it. That's about what it costs for the consult, paperwork and submissions so that engineer is obviously happy that 2"+2" is safe without further testing/modification.

otherwise how will the rwc testers know that you have 2 inch BL and 2inch suspension, they will notice the BL easily but I dont think they would be measuring all vehicles and comparing to manufacturers ride heights.

They could do that quite easily if they felt the ride height of a vehicle was affecting its safety. A 50mm overall increase (by any method) is somewhat noticable but won't arouse suspicions - a 150mm increase (BL+SL+35's) is very obvious and this practice (unless certified) is what the wording of the VSB is trying to mitigate.

Having said that vehicle ride height from factory can vary as much as 20mm anyway.

Back