Chip + Snorkel + Exhaust = Worth it?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holty

Reaction score
New to owning a Nav and have heard many diffferent things about improving performance and fuel economy. From what I have read and been told the premium combinations of mods would be chip. snorkel and exhaust system, Given that would be nearly 4k (with Auscruise cruise control) can anyone suggest which combination of these is going to be the most effective? Thanks ;)

I personally can't see the value in a chip... exhaust yes, snorkel yes.

chips are a yes and no...if u find the right chip and it works well and does wat u want then i guess its money well spent..but if u buy one and it does sweet **** all then uve just wasted $1600. personally just go exhaust, snorkel, egr mod, regular services(oil+filters), correct fuels (caltex vortex diesel or bp ultimate diesel) and correct fuel additives eg chemtech diesel power or moreys diesel additive and youll get better performance and better economy.

dunno what alot of yd25 drivers are gettin out of the tank but i never get anything under 750per tank

Thanks everyone for your advice.... showing my complete ignorance here but 3" exhaust with turbo dump? What the hell is an EGR mod, how much and where from? :)

Thanks everyone for your advice.... showing my complete ignorance here but 3" exhaust with turbo dump? What the hell is an EGR mod, how much and where from? :)

EGR Mod.....free, just time

100% on a 3 inch exhaust from turbo housing to tip. Block EGR, Gas/Diesel, Chip and K&N filter.

Ive done all this, im 100% happy.

Snorkel does nothing for performance and fuel.

Considering a 2 3/4" Beaudesert system and snorkel with foam filter. Will consider the difference in performance before thinking about the ERG mod... I am about as mechanically capable as a wilderbeast trying to slalom water ski...

Considering a 2 3/4" Beaudesert system and snorkel with foam filter. Will consider the difference in performance before thinking about the ERG mod... I am about as mechanically capable as a wilderbeast trying to slalom water ski...

hey mate
yeh sounds about my mechanical knowledge base aswell but being on this forum i reckon i have some good basic knowledge now! only a little bit though!

As for the exhaust, i did the same for the last 4 weeks, researching, etc and i have just orderred my beaudesert system. They know there stuff and have tested all the sizes of tube so i am comfortable with their system. They are very helpful too!

EGR mod is a definate mate, you need to do it!
As for the foam filter, just do your research, I am not convinced on them but thats just me..

Latest posts

Back