Can't gear down cold.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thirdbounce

Reaction score
My Nav with 155,000km stil has all original clutch etc (mar '07 build). First thing in the morning though when the car is cold I have to stop to gear down. Instead of going from third to second to turn out of my street I have to stop at the corner, back to first and then away I go. I have had the gearbox oil changed to the lowest viscosity stuff they could get. Any advice? Does it sound like clutch or gearbox or even something else?

Jase.

Does it grind trying to get second or what?

Try blipping the throttle (big blip) as you double clutch to get back down through the gears when cold. You might have a worn synchro on second.

i get a few gearchange problems when the D22 is cold. but i think thats due to the transfercase and gearbox leaking into each other. so may pay to check oil in the gearbox and transfer case again.

My D22 when I first bought it was a bitch to get back into 2nd gear when it was cold but its gotten better over time and with wear.

Dave.

Does sound a little like syncro's to me. Hard problem to diagnose remotely though - these are the kind of things you really need to feel for yourself.

i get a few gearchange problems when the D22 is cold. but i think thats due to the transfercase and gearbox leaking into each other. so may pay to check oil in the gearbox and transfer case again.

I have a mate who suggested exactly the same thing. Might be worth a look into.

Also, if it is a syncro problem, How do I find out?

Latest posts

Back