The Gathering!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you attend a WA Navara Forum Big Day Out.

• No not interested.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Biscuits

Ginger Ninja.
Reaction score
Anybody keen to have a WA Navara forum meeting and 4WD day. Be nice to put some faces to names and check out some of the rides of fellow forumees.

The when and the where can be discussed amoungst all and decided on later. Just looking to see who is interested?

yeh mate could be, depends on day/times for me coz i work all weekends.. but great idea..

I was thinking maybe November. Plenty of time to organise, pick and plan. Could even do an overnight somewhere so people who work can still make it and those who don't could have a mini break. I'm easy going and open to suggestions.

Sounds good, pick a spot that suits any skill level (ie easy and hard ways) and should get a few numbers

i'm in, but i no longer have a navara :(

i reckon an over-nighter or two somewhere down south or even up lancelin/wedge ways would be alright.

only good camping/4wd spots i know of is windy harbour, but thats 400km south haha.

Was thinking of keeping it within 200km of metro for first one. If we get enough crew along and plan another gathering. Then it could great southern or coral coast for next trip.

Wilbinga @ ExplorOz

havent been there before, also i havent been to wedge even though everyone seems to love that place.

can camp at wedge (not sure if legal)? plus dunes are good since there are easy and hard bits to choose from with a low low chance of damage.

mundaring powerlines is alright, but even the chicken tracks can be damaging without good side steps.

Yeah I'm down for anything with enough notice, gotta put the leave form in with the missus

Does anyone have a problem with the 6th November. That is heaps of notice, chance for warmer weather. I'm suggesting we Captain Fawcett trail in the Dwellingup area.

There is plenty of camping in the dwellingup area and lane pool, which is where the track starts. There could be two trips one on sat 6th, camp over night and one sun 7th. That way those that can't camp or make one of the days can still meet up and have a run.

Captain Fawcett Track ends not far from the quindanning pub, which do a cheap and very tasting feed, beverages are well priced to (my favourite country pub in australia, i've been to many). Then head back to camp site for damage assesments and drinks of choice.

There is also a small loop track which starts and finishes near the camp site for those who want some extra bush track time. Nanga Mill is the camp site and the track is the 'heritage trail' 3-4 hours, rated medium

I would say families welcome, plenty for kids and partners to do. but i guess the group can vote on that.......

Or any other suggestions, on date or place?

Track is rated easy-medium!

Last edited:
i thought that even sedans can do that track? haha

still sounds like a good plan though :)

EDIT!!!!

quote from another forum

Another suprise to us was the fact that the last 45kms of the "track" is actually bitumen! which was a bit misleading and disappointing as we were expecting 105km of 4x4 track.

45km of bitumen for a 4wd track? rofl

EDIT AGAIN!!

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=78877

for an idea of the track. looks simple and relaxing, and then again we're going to be out there more for the 'gathering' then a 4by trip

i'm still in haha

Last edited:
In that case your Toyota can go along too? :big_smile::happy_smile:

Sorry guys, I'll butt out of the WA section :rock:

Hahaha! Owned! :big_smile:

I'm in for the 6th, lucky cause it's the girls bday the following weekend! Maybe a 4x4 trip could be her present...hmmmm, would just need to pitch it properly like a "scenice drive and weekend down south"...

I did part of that trail at the beginning of the year, nice drive on some fire trails. And yes there was an old couple in a vs commodore. Really lovely scenery though, the entire area is great but lane poole gets very very busy so would need to get in early and stake out a spot.

We could go seek some tracks around harvey/brunswick early on the sunday if u want to test the mad flex on ur old girl Maddog? I'm not too sure where abouts but wouldn't be too hard to track down some spots, i've heard of flynn rd & big tree rd before

Lane poole gets busy, but i was thinking we could grab the river spot down at nanga mill and townsite. it is just a short (less than 2km) from the start of track.

There are plenty of tracks down there, we don't have to do the "tourism drive" we can just randomly plot something out.

700km each way to murchison, that a LONG trip! lol. only have to fill up one tank to get back haha

yeah brian, i want to check the 'hektik' flex when i chuck my new leaf springs in (repco 2" with 1 load leaf removed), but i'll only be running skinny's unless i chuck on some wornish bfg at's

i got them still, they're 'open to offers' to see if i can sell them (only to fund buying new tyres) as those big ones arent road friendly haha.

loud as and cop bait :)

Latest posts

Back