Vehicle mounted camera

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscuits

Ginger Ninja.
Reaction score
I'm after some kind of video camera that i can use with my carpc. Would prefer something that could be mounted externally to hood or roof that is weather proof.

Can be usb, wifi or ethernet. Nothing to big though, webcam size would be nice.

Anyone know of a product that fits above?

i run a few.

what sort of use is it for? just the amount of detail you need, what light conditions you need it to work in? what resolution your going to view or record at etc
plenty of analogue reversing cameras around in various styles and mounts. wired and wireless. most of the CMOS ones are not that good in low light or more importantly changing light. CCD is generally better.

there is cameras designed for mounting on trucks so a few different style of mounts around. otherwise waterproof bullet style cameras are common enough. quite a few are being made as sports cameras eg helmet cams, motorbike cams etc.

a couple of things, avoid cameras with IR led's inside them. any leds want to be outside away from the lens. also that outside mounted cameras get dirty quickly. for front cameras its better to mount them inside the cab.

Bloody coppers would pull you over and book you if they saw you with that stuck to the side of your head. But hey atleast you could film them beating you up.

And you're moving to a state where the coppers have a pretty bad reputation already...well according to the Rodney Rude song anyway, I don't actually know any of them personally.

Hey guys,

Just playing with some footage and wondering what camera mounts and cameras any one is running?

I have a JVC Everio and am thinking it might be neat to get a mount and run it for trips, mainly for family vids etc. Does anyone have a good mount model? I found one for $75 that looks and is supposed to be semi pro.

Back