Noob Navara owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Hi all,

Will be collecting a new D40 TD auto when the misses and i decide on a colour and what accessories we want with it. Decisions decisions!

I currently have a Jackaroo with new Cooper 24575R16 ATR's. Should i change them over to the D40 when it turns up??

Welcome merchant!
Did you decide on a colour yet? And what accessories did you go for?

Cheers Brad

I think 'we' have decided to go for the silver...I wanted black but that got knocked on the head by the handbrake.

As far as accessories go, Nissan have a special out and the mo which includes tow pack, tub liner, head light and bonnet protectors, nudge bar and car mats all for about $1500 ex GST so i think i'll go for that, and a aftermarket canopy.

What do you think i should do with the Cooper ATR's i have which have only done about 5K. I would like to put them on the new car.

Silver always looks pretty smart! Sounds like a fairly decent package to go with it as well. As far as the tyres go I can't offer an opinion because I don't know what you get standard on the D40. My D22 came with 265/70/16's on it, which require a 7-9" rim where as the 245's a 6.5-7.5" rim. Though the Cooper ATR's would likely be a better tyre than the Bridgestone D693 that came standard on mine!

Cheers Brad

Welcome mate. I have heard that the tyres that come on the D40's are crap. I haven't had any major problems with mine but I have only had it off road once so I am not the best person the talk to yet my brother works for Bob Jane and he is always saying the same thing and wants me to go for a better tyre.....Not till these run out I say....

Keep the standard tyres on till they wear out, the put some bigger tyres like 265/75/r16 on. Keep in mind lift kit is probably needed

Hold off paying for the extras

Hang out for the extras. I picked up a new D40 last week & they gave me the 3000kgs tow bar, tub liner & soft tourneau cover thown in after they knocked off $8800.00. They are desperate.

Hang out for the extras. I picked up a new D40 last week & they gave me the 3000kgs tow bar, tub liner & soft tourneau cover thown in after they knocked off $8800.00. They are desperate.

Do you mind if i ask what you paid for it....I'm in WA and they aren't chasing business at the moment. That or they're just not willing to wheel and deal. I'm getting price differences of around $8000 from n dealer to the next. Currently i'm looking at a Novated Lease deal through a fleet company but even they aren't getting the best pricing.

Last edited:

Thats certainly a good deal. Are you a salesman yourself ?

If not you should be, you can certainly bargin.

Dave.

Back