Leaf Spring Reset??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markusTAS

Reaction score
Hey people.

I know this issue has been covered before, however, my question is more cost related.

Pedders are quoting me $495 to reset the rear leaf springs and wind the front TB's up.
This does not include anything else (i.e no new bushes or extra spring).

Does this seem unreasonable to anyone? I'm just not sure how much work is involved in resetting the springs.

Also does anyone (from TAS) know of anywhere else in the state that can reset springs??

Cheers

I'm interested to know exactly what is done when springs are "reset" too, obviously it involves getting then back to as close to original shape as possible but how is it achieved?

Heat involved?

I Know a Guy who works for a company . Lets just say they have a RedBull

Told me they just cold press the spring . I was shocked !!

If they need reset, then I'm guessing they weren't strong enough in the first place. I'd buy new HD ones instead.

yeah the way I understood it, its a cold re-shape.
As in they don't just reset it back to standard, they re-shape them (i.e gives you a lift, past what was standard).
The current ones don't 'need' a reset or replacing, but if I want to give it a lift then they need to be re-shaped, I guess its probably a bit misleading calling it a 'reset'.

cheers for the comments

Mate I have used both west end springworks and moonah spring works in the south of the state with great results for lowering and heaps cheaper prices, gets even cheaper if you drop the springs off instead of them doing the work.
On the other hand you could buy new leaf packs in many good brands cheaper than the price above and fit and wind the bars yourself, would only take a couple of hours and basic tools.

yeah thanks loco, I will get a quote from both places and see how I go!
Yep ill also look into buying a new leaf pack.

thanks for the advice

Latest posts

Back