Navara 2010 2.5 diesel fuel consumption

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert

Reaction score
My 2010 ute has done 10,000km and still uses 14.3lts per 100km.
I know that there is a big consumption variation between the 2.5 motors.
My old 2007 Navara did an average of 12 lts per 100km.
What has been your experienses in improving the fuel rate.

d22, d40 manual, auto???? what mods? what extras? bar, canopy?
chip?
what fuel are you using?
bit more info mate and we might be able to help..

welcome to the forum

sounds like u got an auto...apparently fuel efficiency gets better with km's...i know the navaras get up and dance so are u getting a bit happy feet?? ;-p

My 2.5 diesel auto didn't start improving until we'd done about 13,000km in it.

Try the reset procedure and see if that helps. Weight, larger tyres, lower tyre pressures, heavy feet, driving at > 95km/h - all these things consume more fuel. Biodiesel is reportedly not liked by our diesels, and the only companies that do NOT use it are Shell, BP and Mobil (not "Mobil Products"). Caltex uses up to 5%, and all the others use up to 20% bio in their fuels, sometimes mixed by the tanker driver - so beware!

It's always best to buy fuel from a truck stop, they have the highest turnover of fuel which means less chance of waxy deposits or water in the fuel.

My 2.5 diesel auto didn't start improving until we'd done about 13,000km in it.

Try the reset procedure and see if that helps. Weight, larger tyres, lower tyre pressures, heavy feet, driving at > 95km/h - all these things consume more fuel. Biodiesel is reportedly not liked by our diesels, and the only companies that do NOT use it are Shell, BP and Mobil (not "Mobil Products"). Caltex uses up to 5%, and all the others use up to 20% bio in their fuels, sometimes mixed by the tanker driver - so beware!

It's always best to buy fuel from a truck stop, they have the highest turnover of fuel which means less chance of waxy deposits or water in the fuel.

Good info there Tony.

Cheers mate :rock:

Sounds like I have to be a little more patient for the kms to run up before the fuel economy improves. Thanks guys.
Can anyone help me through the confusion of chipping up the D40? I would like another 20%
of power and stretch the fuel out. Thanks. Stumpy

i'm scared i just bought a 2010 cause i saw the sticker stating it will be 8.5/100km eek !

i'm scared i just bought a 2010 cause i saw the sticker stating it will be 8.5/100km eek !

Like I said on the other thread, it's possible, but will be that car. The 2009 uses more fuel and produces less power. If you use the extra power to encourage the vehicle's economy, then you'll probably achieve 8.5s - as long as you don't add any weight to the vehicle.

Somewhere I read that the fuel figures they get were obtained on a dyno - so wind resistance isn't even part of the equation, nor is traffic, hills, nothing.

That being said, it's not all bad news. Mine should get 10.5, but being overweight I should be getting mid 12s. I've had it down to 10.96, so really I'm getting better than the window placard and pamphlets had said.

You might see the same - once it's settled in! My diesel took 13,000km before it started showing good figures.

have just turned over 12,000km in just over 3 months. recently towed a heavy car trailer with a rider mower weighing 900 kg around western victoria, certainly knew it was there !
worst economy was around 20l/100 km and best about 16l/100km my ute also has about 500 kg on the back, alum tray with 2 alum toolboxes and 80 ltr water tank under tray.
all fuel is caltex vortex (supposedly)

i have a 09 d22 str and ive got 20000+kms on it...i ahve never got anything less then 700kms per tank (60-65Litres)....so the best ive gotten is 8L/100klm worst is 11-12L/100klm (high rate is from beach driving with continuous high revving)...im not a real led foot but do give it some foot loving on occasion...also dont carry weight at all maybe just the usual 4wd recovery and spares for a 4wd bush run.

I have a 2010 ST manual 2.5TD (4x4)

Average over 22,000Km's since I got it is 9.2L/100Km.

I drive it 160km daily to work and back, a lot of it in traffic so it's not all cruising.

I'm getting between 8.8-9.6L/100km out of my 2010 D40 ST which is a combo of suburban and short stints of freeway driving.

Vehicle totally stock with no extras for power/fuel econ and no extra weight (bar, winch etc) and have have done 4,500km.

Chipping the D40 and D22 yields good results.

Removing the DPF does too but some may not like doing this mod.

You do gain much more power with it deleted.

Last edited:
Ive got a 2010 st nav too. im towing around 2 tonne every day, someitmes up to 3!. ive got a mowing/gardening and landscaping business, so its stop start, all day long in the burbs (foothills). i am averaging around 14.5L/100kms. ive just clocked over 8000kms, so hopefully will get better!

it is adelaide though tony, so not sydney!, but we do go through the city a fair bit. im saving over $100 per week over my falcon which is half a car payment. on top of that the door actualy closes (dont have to hold it closed) and i have a heater lol!

Latest posts

Back