New ST-R

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ST-R

Reaction score
It was meant to happen last Friday, But due to the dealer selling the vehicle assigned to me, it finally happened Yesterday. New ST-R, April 2010 Build, July 2010 Compliance Polar White ST-R. As it sits in the garage it has 36km. The salesman sweetened the deal (In relation to selling the ST-R assigned to me) by including free mats and a full tank of Diesel.

Fitted the Smoked Bonnet Protector and Genuine Headlight covers yesterday and tommorow will fit genuine tubliner.

Have bought and will fit in due course.

1. Genuine Towbar and Wiring
2. Genuine Snorkle
3. Genuine Tubliner.

Future Plans

1. Tint Windows
2. Fit Courtesy Light Switch To Left Front door (Should be all doors factory!)
3. Immobiliser and remote lock
4. Tonneau Cover

So Far happy with the purchase.

Regards
Greg

Nice!! Nothing like the smell of a new car ehh?

Piss poor only having a light switch on the drivers door tho. Have we gone back to the 30's?

Colour: Polar White
Light Switch:30'S- Yes. Will wire up the LHF Door shortly and enter the 80'S!! Really Unbelievable!

The weaknesses in the New ST-R are:
1. This Courtesy Switch Debacle, NoW Really , How much is saved in Manufacturing by eliminating Single Core Wire and 3 door switches?

2. No Remote Lock

3. No Rear door Speakers.

End of My Whinge, I personally think these are awesome value for money for the following reasons.

1. New 4Wd Dual Cab Common Rail Diesel Ute.
2. Looks Cool
3. Good Features (Except Above)
4. Practical
5. Good Warranty
6. Reasonable Maintenence Costs.
7. Genuine Nissan Accessories Well Priced.

So Far Happy.

Regards
Greg

Seriously . Have a think about rear speakers ! I had them installed and they are awsome if your like camping or having a party but with the doors closed they face directly into the seats. But thats just my 2 cents worth after paying for them I thought Well ?????

By the way Good choice colour wise !!

Looks like u have made the right choices in all corners. White is the best colour hehe. Wat goes into putting more door lights in??

My rear speakers go in shortly had to buy new head deck though. Putting them behind the seats

Funny enough Mine is a 2004 mod and Has passanger door light switch

Must have been before cost cutting Ha ha:idea:

The Jap Built ones had 4 courtesy light switches.

Easy mod, fit a switch to the lhf door , blanking plug there now. run single wire under the carpet , under the front seats and tap into the wire for the drivers door. Ordered a switch today, about $50.

Fitted the Tub Liner and Tonneau cover today, towbar going on tommorow.

Your right with white, i think these in white with tinted windows look great, the black and white contrast.

Regards
Greg

yeh i have the dark tint..looks sweet..along with the shiny bullbar and all the rest to compliment it...oh cool ill head to nissan tomoz and order a switch...thinking bout doin all 4 doors. do i just use the same principle and tap into the existing wire?

If you need the parts and cant wait pm Nizzbits aka Gary, very good guy to deal with.

Dave.

I have the wiring diagrams for the 4 switch type and 1 switch type. From what i can see, tapping into the single wire at the drivers switch, run it to the passengers switch should be all that is required. I will advise once i have done it.

Regards
Greg

Accessories

Hello,

Have now fitted the following to the New ST-R.

Tub Liner
Tonneau Cover
Towbar
Bonnet Protector - Smoked Type
Headlight Protectors.

All genuine Nissan. Very happy with the quality and Nissan Instructions. All has gone very well.

Purchased the Left Door Switch today, This will be the next improvement followed by fitting the Snorkle (Not really looking forward to drilling the hole in the left guard)

Now has a total of 142km on it!!

Regards
Greg

cool - be brave with the snorkle :) I was a little aprehensive too as I have the mechanical skills of a snail, but it worked out ok for me. Enjoy the Nav mate (and I reckon you'll be hooked as everyone else is here hahahaha!)

It was meant to happen last Friday, But due to the dealer selling the vehicle assigned to me, it finally happened Yesterday. New ST-R, April 2010 Build, July 2010 Compliance Polar White ST-R. As it sits in the garage it has 36km. The salesman sweetened the deal (In relation to selling the ST-R assigned to me) by including free mats and a full tank of Diesel.

Regards
Greg

Did you buy from Von Bibra's by any chance?

i guess we all cringe at doin sumthing to our car and 90% of them are snorkel installs...i tell you wat if ur anything like me once u do ur own u'll be keen to do more of them. just make sure u use a good quality bit and heaps of trefolex cutting compound to keep the metal cool. then wash it all down with a clean paint brush and some turps to get all the sharp metal bits off and the left over cutting compound.

Yes...Why?

Regards
Greg

I was just reading your post and had a sense of dejavu. same thing happened to me but my wheels were second hand. I got the "oh look mate, we had [insert bullshit story] today and were looking at mon, now. call back monday, tuesday." I was just lucky to be able to borrow a car of the lot for the week. fingers crossed for first service there....
that commercial they do is enough to make you go insane.

Back