DPF on new STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tills

Reaction score
I have a new D40 ST auto with one of these DPF filters in it apparently the manuals dont have them installed does anybody know why?
One of my mates has just picked up his new STX the DPF is not fitted in the new model!!!!!!

They only put the DPF in the auto and I'm not sure why, but it's nothing to be overly worried about. If it starts getting a little full it conducts a "regeneration cycle" which is just a squirt of diesel in the exhaust stroke to make the DPF hotter and burn all the soot away.

That regen cycle is automatic - you can't control when it happens - but you can cause it to not happen which is a drama.

If your DPF light comes on, get your vehicle back to normal operating temperature and drive it gently with the engine rpm up around 2,000 for about 10 minutes or so until the light goes out - end of problem!

There are heaps of diesels out there with DPFs. They are nothing to be worried about. As for the decision of which vehicle got them or not - it's a bit of a mystery to me.

I just know I have one in mine, and don't have any smoke or soot issues so I'm happy.

i'm told its something to do with the loading the auto put on the motor which makes it produces to much soot to pass, so they fit the DPF to clean it up.

While I've been told the same thing tweak has said it's not true for all manuals for some reason. Toyota buses both manual and automatic can have DPF's fitted, their manual regen is a bitch of a way to do it compared to the Nav but they do still give instructions for both the auto and manual box. Like Tony though I don't think it's an issue having one and there would be thousands upon thousands of people out there that either don't even know they have one or are like us and don't consider it an issue.

While I've been told the same thing tweak has said it's not true for all manuals for some reason. Toyota buses both manual and automatic can have DPF's fitted, their manual regen is a bitch of a way to do it compared to the Nav but they do still give instructions for both the auto and manual box. Like Tony though I don't think it's an issue having one and there would be thousands upon thousands of people out there that either don't even know they have one or are like us and don't consider it an issue.

Just means Toyota can't design a clean compliant motor whether it's attached to an auto or a manual!

Are you saying the new autos don't have them installed?

When I first read your post, well maybe half read is a more honest statement, I read it as your mate has a manual with no DPF which I didn't think was worth commenting on because no manual Nav's up until now have had them as far as I know.

I also thought there was quite a few new STX owners on here complaining they do have DPF's. But if they are taking them off atleast all the DPF doomsayers will be happy.

Us 09'ers might have collectors items one day, the only Nav's still going and sort of environmentally friendly

Mine is a march 2010 ST auto that certianly has one but my mates is the new release 140kw auto 2010 that model doesnt appear to have the DPF blows a little black smoke when you give it a rev up

Hey guys
The new d40/r51 dosent have a dpf fited as for the changes they have made to the head and egr have made the engine comfortly get over the whole euro 4 emmisions thing
so like krafty pg said hold on to your 07 to 09 models they will be a collectors item soon lol
regards dan

interesting the yd engine now has a intake and a exshust cam like a petrol engine insted of inlet and exshust on the same cam

Did it "fall off" while you were 4wdriving boss hog if so how did you get around it im interested

My DPF accidentally fell off while in the garage :)

It is strange how DPFs can go missing whilst up on a hoist!

Word of advice for all planning to pursue the great DPF delete adventure - do not replace the dump pipe (unless you want endless frustration). A DPF delete on its own will not trigger the ECU to run a burn. But as soon as you go the next step and replace the dump pipe the ECU will want to run a burn (albeit only a half hearted one) every so often. Trick is to artifically create a slight pressure difference between front and rear sensor as would be expected either side of a clean filter - BUT not too much difference otherwise the ECU will think the filter is blocked and run a burn - Grrr!

Last edited:
Is any one willing to sell me their DPF from a d40? Can be in any condition as long as externally it looks ok.
Please PM me or email.

Thanks

Picked up my new auto diesel stx yesterday and after reading the manual i found no mention of dpf or regen warning light. Called the dealer service guy who said it should be in the 'owners' manual blah blah, said he would check out another manual. Called me back this arvo to tell me what i suspected. 2010 (latest model) stx does NOT have dpf. gotta be happy with that!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back