Hello all - Newbie 2005 ST-R owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob T

Reaction score
Hi all, great forum and thanks to those who support the running of it.

I will pick up a 60,000k D22 2005 ST-R tomorrow - its had city work only and does not look like its had a hard life...im looking to go right over it and ensure everything is fresh.

Prior to me getting into the owners manul for specs. can you guys pass on any recommendations/experience with oil changes for G/Box / Diff's and Engine. Recommended viscocities, levels etc? Its had all the nissan servicing per the intervals as per the handbook, but im a little fussy with more frequent oil changes, particularly on my turbo cars...

Thanks in advance

Gday mate.

Oil every 5000km's and oil and filter every 10,000km's, I do that to my D22 anyway.

40,000km's, diffs, gearbox, transfer etc.

Engine run's 10w 40.

Check out the Castrol site for the recommended oil's. Visc specs anyway.

Post up a pic or 2 aswell.

Enjoy the site.

Dave.

Thanks for the welcome and replies.

I plan to use it for some light off road work with the dirtbikes and also for towing the speedboat - I will drive it most days also -So far Im very happy with it.

Couple of questions? Is there a dimmer switch for the cluster illumination? I cant seem to find one anywhere..

Also if there are long periods where 4wd is not engaged is it recommended to keep the hubs lubed by running them locked for a few k's per month?

Yeah, lock the hubs in once a month for 20ks or thereabouts, the main reason is to keep the crown wheel lubricated, when it sits in the one position for a long time the top half above the oil level can start to rust once the oil runs off, if this happens the next time it is used with some load on the gears the surface rust will strip the hard facing off the gears.

Latest posts

Back