Air filter-Dust entry

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkingcab

Reaction score
After 2years of fighting with Nissan about dust entry into my engine on my d40 king cab they are now changing the airbox out from the thai built king cab to the spanish built dual cab. NBow i guess i got the long road of oil consumption fuel consumption and lack of power to go

After 2years of fighting with Nissan about dust entry into my engine on my d40 king cab they are now changing the airbox out from the thai built king cab to the spanish built dual cab. NBow i guess i got the long road of oil consumption fuel consumption and lack of power to go

I have the same problem of ingress dust, Dealer said Nissan wouldn't do anything until the turbo or engine shit itself. Does the ST have the same airbox?. If so this is going to cost Nissan plenty with the amount of complaints their going to receive.

Yeah I pushed pretty hard with mine just got sick of all the things going wrong with my ute pretty much said I want the dealer manager and told him all the things i wanted and he emailed nissan couple of times a day still took 2 weeks tho. The ST would most likely have the same airbox being built in thailand they are going to fit a STX dualcab airbox. My ute is again a guinea pig the amount of people I have told not to touch one of these utes and those people have then passed on

Last edited:
I'll be interested in hearing how it goes, I thought about buying one fron the wrecker and changing it myself, but I also have a snorkle which is different as well, so I not sure if it would work.

You can get a Unifilter to fit the Thai airbox now, I might give one of those a try. At the moment I'm oiling the standard Nissan one with K & N oil. Seems to have helped stop the dust.

ok update compression test done and engine well and truly under so email sent awaiting reply from nissan now.

Latest posts

Back