Long Range Fuel Tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggy

Reaction score
Hi All
I have 2005 d22 str 3.0zd 55000km with all the usual add on's.I am going to put bigger fuel tank.What long range tank is everyone using? I am thinking of longranger /arb 125lt or 4wd system 145lt are there any others brands out there?.I will so putting in a 2in inronman lift in the near future
Thanks all
Shane
beerglass:

hi i have a 125ltr tank in my nav and i get around 1300kms sitting on about 105 to 110. it was supplied and installed at opposite lock in midland. it cost around a grand.

TJM longrange (125L) in my Navara.

I got a 145L cheap ages ago but I didn't have time to getting around to getting it cleaned out, I ended up selling it to Tanz on here and he is running it in his D22.

The holes weren't lined up for mounting and they had been elegated to make it fit.

I think the 2 best mods to my Navara have been the longrange tank and the Bilstien shocks.

Dave.

I love my longrange tank.

Usually take it to 1000km's and then fill up, 1150km's the fuel light comes on.

Dave.

Hi Dave

I have fitted my long range tank.Got 1180km's before the fuel light came on.Did you have to up grade your suspension?I put some new efs shocks(front & rear) just after i got my navara.Next thing to do put dual battery system in it

Shane

Whats the most km's out of tank you have got peoples ?

I took mine to 1200km's once, wont be doing that again.

Had 4 litres left in the tank.

Dave.

I fitted the 160L Opposite Lock tank in April to my D40. I had poor fuel economy to start with but carting around 160L of diesel around town certainly hasn't help. I get less than 900ks before the light comes (which is when there is around 25 litres in the tank). I have yet to give it a good stretch on open roads so unsure what range I may get on country roads.

I have seen that some makes of tanks hang lower than factory which is something to look out for!

Cheers

Dave does your tjm supplied one (TJM brand?) sit same height as standard tank or lower? did you lose any clearance. thanks how about the long ranger one shaggy

Will, I'm really not sure I like the concept of the Longranger tank. It's a separate unit that uses a separate filler and a separate pump to get the fuel across to your tank, requiring a separate fuel capacity gauge mounted in the cabin. The diesel version gives you 70L of extra capacity.

On the plus side, it's tucked up out of the way so it ought to avoid damage. It wouldn't be my first choice though - but it's an option, thanks for finding it!

Hi Fella's

My Longranger tank sit about the same height as the original tank.It goes up over the tailshaft.When it is fitted you lose the original stoneguard/bash plate that is fitted to the original tank.I have had no problems with my tank.The fuel guage will start's to move when I have done approx 300-400km's as the original fuel sender is used.I get approx 1000-1100kms from a tank.

Shane

My TJM tank does hang about maybe 20mm lower but doesn't bother me.

I have dragged mine in the bush and only has a few scratches.

Well I should have my new rear springs in a few days which will help.

Dave.

I still have the standard 80 litre factory tank, and i also carry 4x 20l jerry cans in the tub. Using all the fuel i have available i can comfortably do between 1100 to 1200 kms, depends on how i drive and if i've been towing.

I usually have about 400 kg's + constantly in the back of the tub.

i should also add, i cant wait to get the original tank replaced with something like the Ironman 145 litre replacement tank. It will save me needing to top up from Jerry cans.

I hate queing up at the servo for fuel all the time - this way its about every 3 weeks that i need to line up for fuel.

i should also add, i cant wait to get the original tank replaced with something like the Ironman 145 litre replacement tank. It will save me needing to top up from Jerry cans.

I hate queing up at the servo for fuel all the time - this way its about every 3 weeks that i need to line up for fuel.

except your forearm gets sore from holding the trigger on for so long, and other motorists come and ask if you know what your doing cause its taking so bloody long. D22 don't accept fast fill nozzles :(

Latest posts

Back