should a date be cancelled by SMS ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geting knocked back on a date by SMS

• yes = not interested

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • no = interested but really was sick

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ljacko78

Reaction score
not really a Navara question but anyways.....

now I got divorced about 3 yrs ago, took it a bit hard, but after a long lay off I am getting back on the horse and see what fillies are out there. Had a date set up with a quit truely lovely lady, but I got a message the afternoon of the date that she couldn't come cause she was horibly sick. :suicide2:

So I am disappointed about that, but the question is.... Does getting knocked back by SMS mean she's really, really not interest??

Yes = not interested

No - interested, but was sick

I trust my 4wd'ng brothers here cause I have now had too many Jim Beams to make my own mind up for myself

Mate you have done better then me as you have been married.

Give it a day and message her or ring and see what happens.

If it works out its mean't to happen and if it doesn't I am sure there is something better.

First date ?

Dave.

Hmmm, that could go either way mate, I agree with Dave, ring her (or sms her haha) in a day or 2 and see how she feels. It sounds like your ideals would not let you cancel a date by sms, but others will sms for everything, no matter how personal.

Good on you for getting out there again mate, and just dont be in a hurry to find 'the one', she will come along mate.

cheers lads - was to be a second date. Guess I thought things would be a little more mature than thru an SMS. Its like its back to frickin high school. Nice thought on ringing to see if shes better in a few days tho.

Last edited:
How olds the chick ?

I usually go out with chicks who are 20 to 25 so its usually sms for everything.

Last chick I went out with on a date had a boyfriend I found out a few days after, woops. Easiest chick I have ever hooked up with. Lol.

Dave.

send her some flowers saying "hope you're feeling better soon" and then wait, she's likely to call and thank you for the flowers. then you gage the reply, and you look smooth. easy. but just make sure she gets them today.

flowers was a good idea, but I don't have an address. So I SMS'ed her some flowers instead. So we'll see whether she calls later on - otherwise, it'll all go down as good practice

don't send her flowers unless you have been going out a while.... spells stalker, clingy, too full on etc. just take a wait a couple of days. she may call you first.

edit : saw it was to be second date. Mate forget flowers, and my feelign is she was most likely sick.

Listen to all of you sensative new aged guys.lol.good on ya fella's and good on ya Jacko for putting your trust in the navara boys.I hope it works out for you if not drink more bourban

Just my opinion,but i reckon if she had time to sms then she should have called you,so thats why i think shes full of crap....i certanly wouldnt be sending her flowers....she should have had the descency to call you.......just my thoughts....good luck

I know that most (mainly the young) don't see a problem with SMS'ing crap like this but as your asking for our opinion, here's my 2 cents.

I agree with supercruiser. It's damn rude to SMS in this situation and leave you with the dilemma you now face when It would have taken no longer and less concentration to actually talk to you and let you know where you stand. If she's well enough to get her phone and push buttons, she's well enough to talk the few words it takes to break the date.

I don't like SMSing. In personal situations it's poor form & downright emotional laziness but somehow it's deemed acceptable? I dont agree for 2 reasons.

1)Basic text conveys no grammar or emotion and it is too easy misconstrued.
2)It's too easy to lie.

I'm with Dave, young chicks SMS for everything! My experience would spell don't play games, if u want to call then call or whatever cause she gotta be into jacko78 for jack78 at the end of the day. Ive been dumped by a SMS b4 so that wasn't worth the effort anyway. Take a few fillies out for run before layin down ur hard earned. And if under 25 always get the car door; They'll love that sh*t

Dude I wouldn't be too concerned about it, some people these days (chicks especially) use SMS for everything and don't see any problems with that at all. My Mrs uses it for everything, she will even SMS me to ask me an urgent question when she knows I am driving somewhere (I don't know how many times I have told her not to text me for important things) - now that is dumb!

Personally, I can't stand texting (except for something like "on my way, see you in 15 mins" or something like that, but everyone draws their own line. Also, if she is sick and feels like shit she probably doesn't feel like talking, she is most likely worried that you'll be turned off her if her voice sounds like death warmed up. Chicks worry about some stupid shit.

umm well how good do ya know her?
flowers is questionable, because she is either gonna love them and get you in the sack OR think this guy is desperate and clingy.

is it bad that i have ditched a chicks by sms?