Tailshaft issues with lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couso

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm considering a suspension lift for my wife's D22.
As the rear tailshaft is a fixed lenth, when the rear suspension articulates the yoke on the rear output shaft(Transfer case) must move therefore the centre bearing rubber mount must flex aswell.
Increasing the suspensions travel will increase the distance the yoke will slide and the displacement of the centre bearing mount.
Has anyone experienced issues in these areas?
I've read most threads in this topic and, I agree, the stock springs are too soft and the stock shocks are rubbish.

Cheers.

i never had an issue and i had a fair bit of downtravel, used to pull the shocks out and wheel

I had this problem on a hilux. I had to get a 1 piece tailshaft and drop the gearbox by spacing out the cross-member to improve the angle. This was with a 4" lift.

No dramas with my D22 with a 2 inch lift.

If Josh had no drama its fair to say your wife wont drive like him so I think your safe. No offence Josh. Lol.

Dave.

brand new Centre Bearing, all uni's packed and in fine condition.. Clutch is new and fly wheel ground. I had the right rear brake bind up and I am wondering if I have buggered the clutch plates in the rear diff?
The front diff will have to be dropped-looking into these lowering bushes (found on here, cant remember what post?) yup, a lot of work to gain a 3/8 to 1/2 drop but I am hoping it will help with the front c.v's binding a little.
It has the snake 2'' lift kit - U/C arms H/D torsion bars also..

It seems more noticeable at crawling speed and turning corners around the car parks etc

Latest posts

Back