Suspension Kit for D21 Nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronnie

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got a quote for this gear....

Front

Torsion bars and shocks

Rear

Replacement Leaf Springs
Shackle Bush Kit
New Ubolts
Rear Shock Absorbers
Greaseable Shackles
50mm lift

The shocks are Dobinson and he wants $1540.00 installed, good price/gear? Thoughts anyone?

good price and great gear, dobinson springs and shocks are very good. you'll be happy with the result

Its not a bad price.

My shocks were $750 or there abouts.

Rear springs were $800 or there abouts.

Torsion bars were $350 I think.

So $1900 roughly, I am happy with my set up.

Dave.

Yep good price I reckon, maybe PM Zordo on here for a price for the same gear if you want to compare?

Thanks for the words of wisdom guys, hopefully get this done within the next 2 - 3 weeks :D

Clutch shat itself at the mechanic while getting the hub fixed, looks like suspension kit will have to wait. Good news compression test came up 170,160,160,170 so will definately put the webber on it, gonna ring the guy today and order it.

Could be worse, it could of failed in the middle of no where.

Best place for the clutch to fail at the mechanics.

Dave.

Yeah thats true Dave, more bad news to come though unfortunately.

They took the gearbox out to do the clutch and the thrust bearing had literally broken in half what the f? anyone every heard of this happening? Anyway it bent the crap out of the clutch plate , also 2 of the bolts snapped off from the gearbox housing into the engine so they will have to be drilled out and re threaded.

Im getting power steering installed aswell while they do the clutch etc, will be $600 installed. So looking at somewhere around the $1200 mark once all work is done....

i've seen the thrust bearing destroyed before, but not in the Navara. you would replace it anyway when you do the clutch so no biggie. sucks about the bolts...unusual, maybe its the mechanics technique :D

Long time lurker first time poster.

Sorry if I'm digging up an old thread, was just doing some research due to the value of the aussie dollar.

CALMINI 3" SUSPENSION SYSTEM WD21 3" Kit

Quite a good price, freight would be quite costly, I imagine the same if someone else fitted it. I've put in a quote for freight to Sydney, hopefully it isn't too rude!

Not sure about other states but in QLD they are really cracking down on "Lift Kits"and "Big Tyres". Issueing "Defect Notices" on the spot (28 days to rectify must go over the pits) to anyone with more than 2" factory lift or > 10% variation on tyre size.

Long time lurker first time poster.

Sorry if I'm digging up an old thread, was just doing some research due to the value of the aussie dollar.

CALMINI 3" SUSPENSION SYSTEM WD21 3" Kit

Quite a good price, freight would be quite costly, I imagine the same if someone else fitted it. I've put in a quote for freight to Sydney, hopefully it isn't too rude!

Was looking at this myself, never bought anything out of the country before so a little wary on it. I need to do something soon though! :sad:

Back